Hacking Is G6 dead?

DenGladeBagaren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is G6 dead? oki its working but hey when are the g6 team gonna realese some new english update?
cry.gif
wtf.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's pointless to speculate about this now. I don't know how big the GBAlpha team is, but with the G6DS and the M3 Real to work on it's not surprising that they aren't updating the slot 2 carts right now.

The real test is if they start releasing the updates again after the new carts come out. They'll be shooting themselves in the foot if they don't, but you never know.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saw a news posting at Gbalpha at this address: http://www.gbalpha.com/China/GBalpha_news/.../2007-03/40.htm (It's in simplified chinese so you'll need to convert it using bablefish if you don't read chinese) They said they are launching a new offering called the "video and music charm box" on 3/28/06 to coincide with the launch of the G6DS real and the M3 real. The service will offer DSM 1.0 and DSM 2.0 videos. I think it's some sort of movie and tv offering. The posting said that the G6 Lite and other GBalpha products will continue to be supported for this service so I'm assuming updates will continue for game support as well. It also said that the R4 and M3 simply will not be supported for this service.

The loader for the G6 has already been updated to 4.6e on the chinese side so I'm assuming that their time has been consumed getting the new hardware ready for launch and setting up the service mentioned in the last paragraph. I imagine updates will be more regular once they are done.

They also posted a company business plan for 2007 on this page: http://www.gbalpha.com/China/GBalpha_news/.../2006-12/37.htm

It lists the G6 Lite as one of it's key products for 2007 so there is hope.

kaede2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The loader for the G6 has already been updated to 4.6e on the chinese side so I'm assuming that their time has been consumed getting the new hardware ready for launch and setting up the service mentioned in the last paragraph. I imagine updates will be more regular once they are done.

I hope so.. seeing the Chinese updates there and not having English updates is really starting to irk me... makes me wonder why I waited for the English release of the G6 in the first place. It would be terrible if they just dropped support for the product especially since they only released it in July 2006......

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slot2s should still be in somewhat of demand with their GBA support. Should be reason enough for continued support.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some companies such as neoflash drop support when they roll out new products so it does happen so i agree that unless it can play gba games, they shoudl still update their old flash cart.

Mchart

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, I think so. It has been quite a while since the last english update, and now we have more then a few games that refuse to work with it.

IMO just spend the 43 bucks for a R4+1GB microsd at dealextreme and get something that has 100% compatibility updates not needed.

psd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
http://www.handheldsources.com/Download.html

looks like they added finally an update there

G6 U-disk Manager Version V4.7
===============================
1. new game no. 876 were supported
2. game no. 799: the graphic at the bottom screen will be displayed properly.
3. All games were tested up to no. 896.
4. The new version of Media-extend released. (work with the loader version 4.7)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +1