Hacking Is every Switch hackable ?

TerryHomes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have three Qustions before i am sure to buy a Switch with Dock Station (not the lite Version)

1) Is every Switch with Dock Station hackable ? I
2) Is there a way to not get banned. Maybe i want to play later online without the use of homebrew ..
3) Do you think its still a good time to buy a switch or should i wait for the next Gen Switch ? Maybe the next Games wont compatible with Switch 1 ...

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guides at https://switch.homebrew.guide/ and https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/ should help you with most of your questions, but I personally can only answer 1 and 2 the best.
  1. Switch units manufactured on July 2018 and later have been patched, which means that the RCM exploit can't be used on these units. Most units, regardless of how they're packaged, are certain to be patched, especially for the new Mariko revision and Switch Lites.
  2. It is possible to make it without getting banned, as long as you do one or more of these things:
    1. Stay offline using airplane mode (prevents using Joy-Cons in wireless mode due to Bluetooh also being disabled) or being disconnected from Wi-Fi networks (or disable auto-connect for any saved networks).
    2. If you decide to continue online, there are special DNS servers that help to block most of the Nintendo domains on your Switch unit. Alternatively, there is homebrew called Incognito that can wipe the product ID to make it non-unique.
  3. I already have a single Switch unit manufactured in April 2018, so I have no need to get additional units, as I would be more likely to end up with a patched unit. I'm only interested in Switch units for as long as they can be hacked. Once there are no more left, or my unit becomes broken by the motherboard, I'm mostly done with Switch games. The decision to wait or not for the new Switch units to come is up to you; I think it's unlikely that backwards compatibility would be taken away only after 4 years from the initial Switch release.

Reactions: TerryHomes

Wiiucoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I am pretty positive there are modchips for patched switched and the switch lite, so you should be able to mod those consoles if you have soldering experience.

2. Your best bet would be to create an emunand for all the modding while using sysnand unmodded for online usage.

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here is my setup/story:

Girlfriend got me the Pikachu Switch, It could not be hacked. I bought a Switch from a person who bought it on day one back in 2017, so I had two Switchs for a while, one for online and one for homebrew (with online and info wiped). Then Animal Crossing came out and said girlfriend wanted to have an island for herself and visit her friends online, so I restored the 2017 switch to a clean state, bought a big micro sd, partitioned in half, restored my dirty homebrew setup into a half and created a new clean partition for my girlfriend, she nows plays online with my digital copy on her own island on that 2017 switch with her own user while I play online at the same time with the same digital copy downloaded into the Pikachu Switch on my own island with my own user. When shes not using the Swith I reboot into the dirty partiton and download homebrew online and mess with Mario 3D All-Stars and stuff without risking her island which is on the clean partition.

Honestly, it is fun to tinker with a 2017 Switch, you can do many things with it.

Last edited by Sachka,

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As soon as you have homebrew on your console consider yourself banned IMO.
Completely untrue. Had homebrew for 2 years and no ban. There are safe methods to not get banned with homebrew. And yes I understand that you are saying your opinion, but some people take this as fact and mislead others.

Last edited by Powerful,
Reactions: Acemaster1824

wii07

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is there a way to see the Version of the Switch build without open the os? I want to buy a second hand switch maybe

If you want a switch that you can softmod for backups, make sure it has the correct serial number:

https://suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/switchserials/

The serial number is printed on the outside of the switch left to the usb c port, on many ebay actions you can see it random on the fotos of the action:

serial-720x405.jpg

You can also see the serial number on the packaging of a switch at the bottom:

nintendo-switch-serial-number.jpg

Last edited by wii07,
Reactions: TerryHomes

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As soon as you have homebrew on your console consider yourself banned IMO.

You gave the false information. No, untrue. Misleading. Only if you have emummc and everything then you will not be banned at all.

Otherwise, if you don't have emummc then just keep your wifi off and offline at all time and you will be okay.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
I have three Qustions before i am sure to buy a Switch with Dock Station (not the lite Version)

1) Is every Switch with Dock Station hackable ? I
2) Is there a way to not get banned. Maybe i want to play later online without the use of homebrew ..
3) Do you think its still a good time to buy a switch or should i wait for the next Gen Switch ? Maybe the next Games wont compatible with Switch 1 ...

1. Before July ‘18 - soft mod, as of September ‘20 all others can be hacked with a chip
2. Yes - keep your sysNAND clean for playing online and set up an emuNAND for all your homebrew/backups etc
3. IMO I’d still buy one now, maybe better if you can get some money off it, I wouldn’t bet on being able to hack the new ones for a good while after they do eventually launch. If you weren’t interested in hacking I’d probably be tempted to hold off.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You gave the false information. No, untrue. Misleading. Only if you have emummc and everything then you will not be banned at all.

Otherwise, if you don't have emummc then just keep your wifi off and offline at all time and you will be okay.
No even if you use emummc you will get banned if you go online with a game at some point.
Whats the point of not getting banned if you stay offline? Therefore consider yourself banned.

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No even if you use emummc you will get banned if you go online with a game at some point.
Whats the point of not getting banned if you stay offline? Therefore consider yourself banned.

The point is to not degrade the value of your device. Any unbanned Switch is worth more when you sell it. Also if you ever decide to play any legally acquired game online, then you can still play it from your sysnand.

Just keep your Homebrew and Piracy to your emunand.

Reactions: Powerful

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about? First of all you create emummc for offline homebrew and hacks of whatever you want. If you want WiFi on use incognito, or sx stealth. You keep sysnand clean and use that for online. You’ll never get banned with this method. Also you can use homebrew on sysnand to a certain extent if you know methods to avoid bans. I have done it personally. I recommend the first method though it’s 100% unbannable.

Reactions: Acemaster1824

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The point is to not degrade the value of your device. Any unbanned Switch is worth more when you sell it. Also if you ever decide to play any legally acquired game online, then you can still play it from your sysnand.

Just keep your Homebrew and Piracy to your emunand.
Lmao. I don't ever intend to sell my switch. As im sure a good amount of people are not interested in that. And what will be the use for selling an unbanned switch that has done homebrew etc? WILL get banned anyway at some point from the moment you start fiddling with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1