is beats audio worth it

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Coltonamore, Jul 24, 2012.

Jul 24, 2012

is beats audio worth it by Coltonamore at 6:40 AM (2,230 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. Coltonamore
    OP

Member Coltonamore Time to stop Tron Bonne!

United States
    I'm thinking of getting beats audio studio headphones. Is it worth the price? I'm going to use it for games.

2. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    They are decent. They're better for the look then the quality of sound itself. IMO not worth the price.

3. Giggtysword344

Member Giggtysword344 I want some Scum Nyums

United States
    I wouldn't say that they are worth the price for games. Even just for music they are really overpriced headphones, but they do work well. Still, don't get them for games, as you can get something that's equally as good or better for cheaper such as a turtle beach.

1 person likes this.
  4. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    Astro headsets are supposed to be quite good as well. My cousin uses them for both his PS3 and his PC.

5. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    No, not worth it.

If you want quality for an actually fair price, get some Sennheiser headphones.

Probably overkill for videogames, but i'd suggest getting the Sennheiser HD558. The sound is godlike. I'm wearin' em right now. Best purchase ever. I do actually find that I can't play games with other headphones because the sound quality is just complete shit by comparison. Music especially though.

2 people like this.
  6. SixSenseEagle

SixSenseEagle Newbie

Don't do it my friend have beats I tried them and they are not good around the ears and audio is not really refreshing I would recommend just getting soul by ludacris or sms by 50 cent or Sennheiser hd 595 there all both comfortable around the ears and have great quality. People in my opinion just gets beats because it is the only headphone brand that's been promoted for its audio and its looks but overall they suck.

Ps. its your choice to get any headphone to pick what you want but i just recommend those 3 brands cause their comfortable and awesome!!! :) and beats are just to dang expensive for its crappy quality.

7. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Beats are garbage for the price you pay. I'm not even an audiophile and I know that you can do so much better than Beats for the price from near anybody else. For straight up headphones, Sennheiser tends to be reliable, along with a few brands that I suppose you'd only really know if you were really into audio equipment. I remember that somebody was talking about Beats before on here who was an audiophile, and they might as well have called Beats the worst headphones on the market. To be fair, they kind of are for the price you pay.

8. Coltonamore
    OP

United States
    I have cheap $10 headphones I just want to make my 3ds sound better and looder

9. Actinopterygian Melospiza

Newcomer Actinopterygian Melospiza Advanced Member

United States
    It's already been said, but no, they're not worth it. Yes they are good, but not for the price. They're like the Apple of headphones.

10. Coltonamore
    OP

United States
    I know its bean fn said don't give me bs I'm. Asking what's better than beats audio also also I'll even use them on my gba and other things I have sorry if I'm comming out in anger I'm just mad because someone told me beats was the best but know I'm pissed off because cause of that fn troll damn it

11. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    If its for your 3DS you shouldn't even look for beats. Beats are only good at Bass really, most video games try to avoid that in sound files since it supposedly takes up more space and is harder to load (from what I have read), even for music I don't like them since most of my songs lack bass, and you shouldn't pay that much for any headphones unless they come with the MP3 built in (and even then...)

12. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    I wouldn't recommend beats to anyone who just needs new headphones. They're shit for the price you pay. Hells has it right, Ssennheiser or Klipsch is what you'll want to get.

EDIT: After reading your previous post, "someone told me beats are the best blah blah they're a troll", they aren't trolling you they're just an idiot. Beats are like Apple products, terribly overpriced for what they are and people only buy them because of the brand popularity.

2 people like this.
  13. Coltonamore
    OP

United States
    Man I'll even use whatever headphones on my phone to play mother 3 and pokemon yellew ninjad

14. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    All the nerds I know that care anything about audio say "Sennheiser", so I'm just going to echo that since half of what I do is just echo information. :P

1 person likes this.
  15. Coltonamore
    OP

United States
    ok I'll look in to it at best buy

16. Actinopterygian Melospiza

United States
    Nooooo! Best Buy is the devil

17. Coltonamore
    OP

United States
    Right now I'm thinking of getting turtle beach head phones just on the website for it not at best buy also why is best buy the devil

18. Actinopterygian Melospiza

United States
    I don't know about this particular brand, but most things that are advertised "for gaming" (like keyboards, mice, headsets, etc.) are usually ripoffs because they know nerds will buy them just because they say "for gaming."

That said, maybe someone else that has actually used this brand can give their opinion?

19. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    Damn those are expensive. :wtf:

I'd recommend getting the senheiser hd 202 if you don't want to spend that much on headphones, but all in all Beats aren't worth the price tag. Hell, even $100 would be pushing it by audio technician standards.

20. Coltonamore
    OP

United States
    Someone here said that turtle beach is better then beats