ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got my setup like this:

Amotpshere 10.5 Running EmuMMC 9.1 with Incognito.
Vanilla Sysnand 9.2 used for Online Play.

I want to install AutoRCM + Hekate to have the choice to boot on EmuMMC or Sysnand without the use of the JIG.

Is RCM detectable? since i really dont want to be flagged by booting to Sysnand via Hekate + AutoRCM.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to cycle the switch setup like this:

Once turned on with AutoRCM, it boots to Clean Hekate, then I launch Fuse-Primary.bin which loads EmuMMC
Note: NOT KOSMOS, clean atmosphere binary.

I replaced the reboot_payload.bin with Hekate payload, which works fine so far, however, I'm kinda confused here:

*- Clean hekate has an option to reboot the console normally to HOS.

*- Kosmos has an option to launch SYSNAND, but there's a line that I don't comprehend and i really dont want to screw with this:
{--- Stock ---}
[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
{}

Why does it call for Fusee Secondary?

*- And last question, Once EmuMMC is loaded for the first time, if Hekate is booted via Reboot to Payload, and I use the reboot function from Hekate, NOT KOSMOS, will it still take me to EmuMMC?

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to cycle the switch setup like this:

Once turned on with AutoRCM, it boots to Clean Hekate, then I launch Fuse-Primary.bin which loads EmuMMC
Note: NOT KOSMOS, clean atmosphere binary.

I replaced the reboot_payload.bin with Hekate payload, which works fine so far, however, I'm kinda confused here:

*- Clean hekate has an option to reboot the console normally to HOS.

*- Kosmos has an option to launch SYSNAND, but there's a line that I don't comprehend and i really dont want to screw with this:
{--- Stock ---}
[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
{}

Why does it call for Fusee Secondary?

*- And last question, Once EmuMMC is loaded for the first time, if Hekate is booted via Reboot to Payload, and I use the reboot function from Hekate, NOT KOSMOS, will it still take me to EmuMMC?

I use autorcm since when i first got my Switch and never got banned on my sysnand, it's been more than a year. I don't think just autorcm by itself is bannable right now.

As for fusee-secondary is because you can't boot stock on 7.0.0+ on hekate, it's a semi-stock environment. I posted about it on another thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/why-doe...g-sysnand-through-hekate.543425/#post-8929442

As for your last question it's been a long time since i used the reboot button on hekate, but if i remember right it should just reboot to RCM if you have autorcm and you'll need to push a payload (be careful if you have autoboot enabled though).

Last edited by Tokiwa,
Reactions: ScarletDreamz

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it detectable? I'd say definitely. But we have no evidence of anyone being banned for it. There's nothing really stopping Nintendo from releasing an update to detect it, and that's assuming they haven't already. They could be holding on to a list of consoles that have AutoRCM enabled, ready to hit the ban trigger at any moment.

I doubt it, it's unlikely, but just in case I leave AutoRCM disabled. That tiny risk factor isn't worth it in my opinion for the small inconvenience of using a jig.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no evidence of anyone ever being banned for it.

As of system version 9.2.0, BCT verification appears to occur outside Horizon only, making AutoRCM theoretically impossible to detect for the time being. A future system update could maybe change this someday, but I doubt it will.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, thanks to all for the info, so, is Hekate the only way to boot to clean sysnand with autorcm enable? or is there a payload that just boots HOS normally?

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean, just by logical thinking..... If they would allow, lets call it "super admin mode" inside Switchs userland/Horizon mode etc. (basically detecting things like that, low level access from the OS itself...), basically it would mean giving hackers full access to everything inside Horizon OS and I think they dont want to do it by any means (even though they know that by not doing it that hackers/pirates couldnt be punished/detected). So, I would say that autorcm is safe to use.....

Instead, they are/will/would opt to something else to detect/"trap" pirates/hackers (which they btw are already doing).....

Last edited by deSSy2724,
Reactions: BaamAlex

shogun06596595

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
is there any update to this?

I want to enable AUTORCM to stop using jig since apparently the pins are wearing out from restarting my console to be able to boot sysnand and back to emunand all the time. It is making it more and more difficult every time I want to enter RCM.

1. Does anybody know if booting to sysnand via hekate can give you a ban?

2. Booting clean sysnand and keeping dirty microsd inserted with emunand can be detected by nintendo? I only enter online with clean sysnand and I always take out the dirty sd card just in case. In emunand i always keep airplane mode.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India

I want to enable AUTORCM to stop using jig since apparently the pins are wearing out from restarting my console to be able to boot sysnand and back to emunand all the time. It is making it more and more difficult every time I want to enter RCM.

2. Booting clean sysnand and keeping dirty microsd inserted with emunand can be detected by nintendo? I only enter online with clean sysnand and I always take out the dirty sd card just in case. In emunand i always keep airplane mode.
No
1. No, it won't ban
2. No

But I still recommend using 90dns and even something like incognito for emummc.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, no real update.

A replacement joycon rail is pretty cheap online, and really not that difficult to install.

There's no evidence that it's ever caused a ban, but theoretically there's nothing stopping them from banning based on it.

Another case of no evidence. Will it get you banned? Highly unlikely. Could Nintendo ban you if they wanted to? They certainly could look for the existence of an emunand, but they'd potentially be opening a big legal can of worms. They shouldn't ban you based on SD card contents, the Switch should only read & write the game downloads and album photos & videos. It shouldn't be sending telemetry data about other contents of the SD card, which could include sensitive data about you and your family. Big potential lawsuit, but at the same time they might get away with it.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could also consider modding your right joy-con. After that, no need for a jig, and no need for autoRCM. And your pins will be as safe as they can be.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
> can it be detected
absolutely.

> will they ban for it
No, and they never will. What autoRCM does can theoretically occur under normal/intended use, Nintendo will not ever ban for such things.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Short version, simply put...... alllowing Horizon OS (userland) to detect such "low level" things and things such as full read/write permission/access is highly unlikely that they would ever do (security reasons, lawsuit reasons and what not as other already said). And yeah, even some upcomming but broken "official patches" could unintentionally couse a "brick"......

Last edited by deSSy2724,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short version, simply put...... alllowing Horizon OS (userland) to detect such "low level" things and things such as full read/write permission/access is highly unlikely that they would ever do (security reasons, lawsuit reasons and what not as other already said). And yeah, even some upcomming but broken "official patches" could unintentionally couse a "brick"......
boot0/1 can already be read/written to by HOS, the system update process has to do it to write new package1 and bct images.

They just won't ban for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning