1. wolverine92

OP wolverine92 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So i launched my sysnand through hekate today and noticed the Kosmos logo and then the atmosphere logo as it booted. why does this show, should it not be booting "clean"? should i restore my nand now?

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    1. If the Atmosphere logo is appearing, then you're launching Atmosphere.
    2. If all you did was launch Atmosphere, your NAND is still probably relatively clean. However, you should make sure it doesn't happen again.
    3. How are you launching your sysNAND exactly?

3. wolverine92

OP wolverine92 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i wasnt trying to launch atmosphere, i was aready in hekate NYX so i went to launch and picked launch Stock (sysnand) instead of launch cfw (sysnand)

Last edited by wolverine92, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Fej

Fej Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, sorry to necro this but I've run into a similar issue. More info though:

When I boot into stock, the Sept by Atmosphère splash screen is shown almost immediately (white background) but the white-on-black Atmosphère logo does not. Once the system is booted, the Horizon version string in settings does not include AMS or its version number, indicating that Atmosphère is not launched.

Is Sept actually injected in this case, and will it cause the console to be banned?

(My setup is a bit weird: I followed the tutorial to manually partition the SD card and install Android and emuMMC side-by-side. However I don't think this should make a difference...?)

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Fej, Jan 24, 2020
  5. Risingdawn

Risingdawn Tempallica

United Kingdom
    This also happens to me when launching Sys from Hekate. I had autorcm with auto launch setup for various SDcards to use with a dongle but removed autorcm because of this issue and now jig in if I'm not booting ofw.

I wouldn't mind knowing why Sept comes up before booting into sysnand from hekate as I'd like to go back to autorcm really

6. Tokiwa

Tokiwa Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hekate requires it to boot stock on higher firmware (7.0.0+ if i remember right). It's pretty much a "semi-stock" environment on latest firmware versions.

As for getting banned i'm not sure myself but this is what ctcaer said some time ago:

Attached Files:

Risingdawn and Fej like this.
  7. Fej

Fej Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That's exactly the info I was looking for, thank you so much!

12/18 isn't too long ago. Hopefully if anyone gets banned for it we'll find out...?

8. Fej

Fej Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sorry for the double post - what Discord is that? I'd like to ask around regarding bans.

9. Tokiwa

Tokiwa Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    It's the RetroNX discord, it's mostly a server for Retroarch and Lakka but there is a Hekate support channel there. You could also ask on the Nintendo Homebrew or AtlasNX servers as well regarding the bans and other homebrew/cfw related stuff.

Fej likes this.
  10. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    I don't recommend people use AutoRCM for this very reason. There is no way to boot a 100% stock CFW from RCM, there are always some patches applied like disabling fuse checks, sept sleep mode patch, and if applicable, patching out the AutoRCM brick and allowing the system to boot normally. So there is always a risk, however small, that it could be detected by Nintendo and lead to a ban.

Fej likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - atmospheres, launching, Sysnand