Is anyone actually excited about Nintendo Labo?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by leafeon34, Jan 22, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    25.2%
  2. No

69 vote(s)
    56.1%
  3. I want to see more details first

23 vote(s)
    18.7%
  1. SamThiiSaminator

SamThiiSaminator Seemingly excellent at doing brick to it

Dec 14, 2016
    United Kingdom
    my mother's womb
    Seems like 1-2-Switch all over again.

2. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    Yeah, it seems like a really neat use of the IR camera, and a neat way to get a lot of cool little accessories into the hands of kids that want to play the games where you need a fishing pole or a piano, or whatever, without having to pay ridiculous prices for each individual accessory. I mean as much of a joke that it is, I wouldn't have minded saving like $60-$80 dollars on all my guitar hero controllers if I could have just made them out of cardboard instead. It might have looked silly, but if they got the job done the same way, then I truly would not care.

Last edited by MikaDubbz, Jan 30, 2018
  3. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Heck no!!!

4. phreaksho

phreaksho Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2007
    United States
    Post falls idaho
    Yes. Although the price is a bit much, I could see me and others having a lot of fun with these projects

5. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    i think this could have possibilities , they could some out with more sets maybe even for older age groups
    that include more complex parts besides cardboard string elastics and wooden dowels
    maybe motors and some chips like arduinos or something , imagine one where you could make a ROB replica only 10 or 20 times bigger scale
    (not really sure how you get cardboard gyros to spin up for gyromite , maybe they could just look like gyros and be weighted to activate the switches, stack up would work easy though)
    or a train with a cardboard track a train that is big enough for pet to ride in
    , or a samus suit , they really could do a lot with this concept

think of it like what legos has done only with cardboard and TV interactivity

Last edited by weatMod, Jan 30, 2018
  6. Mackmire

Mackmire Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2018
    New Zealand
    The price rules them out for me, and unless they interact with a game I already play I wouldn't be that interested in getting them. However, I really like the more environmentally-friendly cardboard, rather than plastic accessories.

7. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I couldn't care less.

8. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    For all of you saying that's a lot of money to pay for cardboard:

This thing costs $60:

[​IMG]

Yeah.

https://www.amazon.com/Cardboard-Playhouse-Corrugated-Play-House/dp/B00G5JCA6C/

"Oh but that's bigger than the Labo" yeah but it's a cardboard box with holes in it.

This is $58.
    It has stuff printed on it, at least.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0748N1S54

This is also $58.
    It is a sheet of cardboard. And not even corrugated. This is postcard cardboard. $58.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0748N5JFD

Cardboard crap for kids is ridiculously expensive, and Labo at least comes with software.

Jonna and a9lh-1user like this.
  9. foob

foob GBAtemp Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    need to know more, but from where I'm sitting the excitement is zero.

10. GunzOfNavarone

GunzOfNavarone GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2016
    I'm not excited for it, I think it looks gimmicky. That said, the fishing game reminds me of Sega Bass Fishing on the Dreamcast. I wish we had a new fishing game with peripheral for some of the other consoles / PC.

11. Zerius

Zerius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    United Kingdom
    New Donk City
    i liked it for like a couple hours
    then it just became a novelty on the shelf of shame

12. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    It's aimed for kids and probably schools. Most people here aren't the demographic...

13. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    Heck yes. It looks very interesting, and my daughter could have lots of fun with it.

Target audience is very important here - the people who say that much money is too much generally might not understand that parents sink much more money into other toys their children want, or equal to that.