Is another a way to change the date and time :-?

AWESOMEGAMER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to change the system clock on the 3ds to get items in 2 games T(ime) T(ravel).
These items are locked by time of day, season, and month. but I really do not want to change my 3dsxl clock for this. There are other games that will be affected by my switching the clock, including a lock out.
ACNL & Nintendogs & Cats can be fixed but the rest I will be totally locked out of.
The two games are Terraria & Style Savvy Fashion Forward (it takes a whole year to get the color pallet full) 。゚( ゚^∀^゚)゚。

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you checked if this items are available per cheat? By using Checkpoint to add them and activate in Rosalina (ingame menu L+D-Pad down+select?

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would also suggest cheats but not necessarily for items.
Without checking then chances are the date and time is in some obscure part of hardware that needs to have all nice reading and pleasantries done to it, as well as wait. Most games in most consoles with anything like this will copy this to normal memory and operate on that instead, possibly once at the start of the session (and then every frame a number added to a counter to "keep up" as it were) but also possibly all the time (or near enough as makes no difference/faster than human reactions and timeframes).
Either way it will be in normal memory at that point so you can concoct a use this button combo to set time to this, or use this button combo to add/subtract however many days/hours/whatever. It should then be isolated to the game itself rather than system level and dodge issues with other games when you forget/can't be bothered to change back.

I don't know what the time format used will be either -- could be something abstract like old dos formats, could be something like unix time, could be some combo of the two (one second since 1970s makes for a reasonably large number and annoying to handle, one second and then change when a new day arises is a different matter entirely. Also potentially a nice option to add a lot of time on quickly without worrying about per second things).

It is a potentially more annoying cheat to make. You hope the idle in a corner, see what changed, idle in the corner, see what changed, idle in the corner, see what changed... routine can narrow it down but it will not always be the case.
If you are better at hacking to the point where you can handle a basic tracing session (this would be a wonderful learning experience for that as well) then you can consider the debug route -- if whatever item you want appears on sale or whatever as a consequence of the time then find the items on sale/available/whatever as a normal inventory, shop, chest contents... style cheat search and part of it getting to that point will necessarily involve the time being examined. Alternatively as started out with the time hardware is likely some fixed aspect in hardware (or software calls to the underlying operating system as it were) and thus anything reaching out and touching that, possibly then whatever that is copied to*, then anything reading those becomes something to look at.

*for various reasons then control data is not supposed to be used in the direct hardware locations the documentation will mention but instead copied to normal memory (a process called debouncing, named for one of the failure modes it dodges) and operate from that. I did not want to use the term debouncing here as it might not technically be accurate but if you read up on control hacks then you find a very familiar process to what this will look like for time.

AWESOMEGAMER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TY but there are no cheats for these games
The games are it is
Stye Savvy Fashion Forward and
Terraria ( I am just looking for santa)
SSFF has no know txt no known plg to this date I have looked and I am on the n3ds
I have to wait untill NEXT YEAR to get a color :-( the only way to get it is to TT, this is an actual thing,colors are locked by time, season and day in this game

http://styleboutiqueguide.blogspot.com/2016/06/colour-palette-guide.html?m=1

tastymeatball

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have to wait untill NEXT YEAR to get a color :-( the only way to get it is to TT, this is an actual thing,colors are locked by time, season and day in this game
As I said games won't be able to tell you time traveled when you change the raw clock. So you don't have to wait one year.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Like already mentioned, the 3ds has two clocks. The normal one you have on the display. And a hidden "Real Time Clock" (RTC) which the games check for anti cheating, like in your case. You can change this hidden RTC by GodMode9 (Home->More...->Set RTC date&time)

AWESOMEGAMER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea TY
Uni DB ( somthing like that) had it so I was able to get it. I dont think these are server games, at least that what the page said, and I am not intred in changing the time in Pokemon, they already have way too many *good* cheats right now.

ヘ( ̄ω ̄ヘ)

AWESOMEGAMER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RTC was working fine (ok I have a legit FUBAR)
but now the month, day, and time are wonky
they will not change back to the time that is my time either. I did try to correct the year, because I did not remember doing that at all. Is this the problem.
Anybody know what the year was on if this it :-? ╮(︶︿︶)╭
-edit this is back to a SNAFU

Last edited by AWESOMEGAMER,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later