Homebrew IR and WFC not functioning on TWiLightMenu++

Flamestrike1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am unsure of how exactly this works so forgive me if I am missing something, but I have installed TWiLightMenu++ correctly and all is working as intended, apart from one thing. Even when I change my DNS to the fan server one, I seem to be unable to connect to WFC, and also cannot use Infrared. This makes pokemon trading impossible. On the same DSi XL, I am able to connect with a physical cartridge, but whenever I run a ROM of White 2 (and not my cartridge black 2) I am unable to take advantage of these features. The DS simply shows 0 connection. So, is there something I can do to make this possible, or is this a technical impossibility? I have noticed very few other threads asking this same question.

Flamestrike1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To use IR, you need a cart containing it.
For WFC, you need a WEP or Open network, which you won't need in a future nds-bootstrap version, which will boot DSi-Enhanced games in DSi mode.

So I'm assuming that a 'DSi-Enhanced' game is one released while the DSi was being pushed over the DS Lite, which includes Pokemon Black and Black 2? Because I am unable to boot those games in DSi Mode with the menu. If so, thank you very much for working on the issue. And if you don't mind me asking, when do you plan on implementing this future version of nds-bootstrap?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
a 'DSi-Enhanced' game is one...
...with a product code (written on the bottom of the sticker) that starts with TWL instead of NTR :) (which yes includes B/W/1/2)

You don't need infrared for local trading either - it's just a convenience (especially in crowded places) for selecting the other player

Last edited by Ryccardo,
Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm assuming that a 'DSi-Enhanced' game is one released while the DSi was being pushed over the DS Lite, which includes Pokemon Black and Black 2? Because I am unable to boot those games in DSi Mode with the menu. If so, thank you very much for working on the issue. And if you don't mind me asking, when do you plan on implementing this future version of nds-bootstrap?
shutterbug2000 is already working on it.

Flamestrike1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't need infrared for local trading either - it's just a convenience (especially in crowded places) for selecting the other player

This intrigues me - how can I do local trading otherwise? If you have any other methods I would very much like to know. And thank you for the helpful response.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This intrigues me - how can I do local trading otherwise?
The union room at the top of the pokemon centers!
All there in the manual but I think most Pokemon players know about it by heart - it's been the standard way to do standard battles/trades since the first games until the 3DS age :)

Flamestrike1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All there in the manual but I think most Pokemon players know about it by heart - it's been the standard way to do standard battles/trades since the first games until the 3DS age :)

...Oh my. I've never once touched any of the people at the top other than the one who does the GTS! I really must check that out, I think I'll use my manual to have a look.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Flamestrike1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hello, I would just like to thank you once again for notifying me of the Union Room's existence. Thanks to you I've been able to evolve my Boldore and Gurdurr, and also I've been able to transfer up my less legitimate ROM mons up to Bank. This has been a great help to me, and so I thank you for your introducing me to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte