Apple ipod touch 4th gen or ipod classic 7th gen

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im considering buying one of the two? amy recommendations, i would go with the max space on either units, i enjoy using hacks and exploits as well for homebrew and such. any suggestions?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I own the iPod touch and iPod classic, and I'd go for the iPod Classic.

I love the click wheel, and it just feels more sturdy. I also have a 60 gb iPod video and that thing is built like a tank, and the classic is just as sturdy.

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iPod touch hands up.
Can do a lot more than just listening to music.
There are also a lot of games that have interesting content, way better than regular cellphone games.
(okay, okay... Sorry XD)
There's seriously a lot more to do with an iPod touch.
Especially the 4g.
The real high resolution screen allows you to watch videos in epic quality, read the non zoomed in Tex on huge wrbpages easily.
This. (I'm writing this with my ipt tbh
tongue.gif
)
It has real fast Internet...
There seriously are a LOT of great games.
Ipt > ipc all the way!

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the ipod touch 4g, love it. Go for that, it can play music just like the iPod classic and a ton of other cool stuff.

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer the iPod touch because it has multiple features and multitask controls. For example, I am a huge manga fan, so I can read manga while listening to music, and if I double click the home button and then slide the menu bar that pops up at the bottom to the left, I can see the song I am listening to and go the the previous or next song without ever closing my comic application. The same goes for any application, such as the internet or mail app. You also have note pads, contact info, facetime(which is pretty cool), basic stuff like a calculator, Instant messaging, study tools(such as the SAT question of the day which I used to study for the SAT's last year), weather, bank apps, games(all categories), and many more I cant really think of. If you jailbreak it, you can get many more apps for free. With jailbreaking you can get emulators and other cool features. I never jailbroke it because I want my warranty, but its still something to consider.

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
em2241992 said:
I prefer the iPod touch because it has multiple features and multitask controls. For example, I am a huge manga fan, so I can read manga while listening to music, and if I double click the home button and then slide the menu bar that pops up at the bottom to the left, I can see the song I am listening to and go the the previous or next song without ever closing my comic application. The same goes for any application, such as the internet or mail app. You also have note pads, contact info, facetime(which is pretty cool), basic stuff like a calculator, Instant messaging, study tools(such as the SAT question of the day which I used to study for the SAT's last year), weather, bank apps, games(all categories), and many more I cant really think of. If you jailbreak it, you can get many more apps for free. With jailbreaking you can get emulators and other cool features. I never jailbroke it because I want my warranty, but its still something to consider.
i too love manga, death note is my favorite, ifeel i have to mention thanks to your avatar, and yeah jailbreaking would be amazing, i guess the lack of size holds me back, a 64gb is the max right now and honestly my music collection alone passes that up, not to mention videos and manga i'd like to add, and also i feel like many of the features need to be close to wifi, which is fine at home, but not so much on the go... may just go for a guitar pedalboard for the time but thank you all anyways. input still welcome

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xtreme1 said:
em2241992 said:
i too love manga, death note is my favorite, ifeel i have to mention thanks to your avatar, and yeah jailbreaking would be amazing, i guess the lack of size holds me back, a 64gb is the max right now and honestly my music collection alone passes that up, not to mention videos and manga i'd like to add, and also i feel like many of the features need to be close to wifi, which is fine at home, but not so much on the go... may just go for a guitar pedalboard for the time but thank you all anyways. input still welcome
Well I have the 8gb model, and I don't have more than 200 songs so I have no problems there. As for manga apps, I have Manga Rock and Manga Collection, neither have Death Note because it is registered by Viz Media and distribution of it would be illegal. Both of these apps are pay apps, $2 each, and what you do is download the manga you want through wifi and it is saved on your iPod for later use. What you could do is use iBooks to read pdf files as well, or get them in a zip archive and get an image viewer that works with zip/rar format. I saw like 3 of them for free in the app store. I got I"s in iBooks after converting it to PDF, and 4 or 5 manga, including Elfen Lied, from Manga Collection. I don't have any videos, but I use the youtube app frequently. I haven't used the guitar, drum app or anything like that. But I have played checkers, chess, poker, angry birds and some other games.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
If your music collection is over 64GB I think you should look at other High Capacity players rather than the iPod Classic. The Classic is an oldschool iPod, far too limited in features and formats. Not sure what other ones would be right for the price range though. I'll do some research...

Edit: Ok, the only one I can really think of is an Archos Tablet. Its not as portable as an iPod though but huge on features and huge on storage. $300 gets you this A 5 inch touchscreen with 500Gb of storage, Wi-Fi, GPS and most importantly the Android App Store. Definitely a LOT more than an iPod Classic for only $70 more.

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
If your music collection is over 64GB I think you should look at other High Capacity players rather than the iPod Classic. The Classic is an oldschool iPod, far too limited in features and formats. Not sure what other ones would be right for the price range though. I'll do some research...

Edit: Ok, the only one I can really think of is an Archos Tablet. Its not as portable as an iPod though but huge on features and huge on storage. $300 gets you this A 5 inch touchscreen with 500Gb of storage, Wi-Fi, GPS and most importantly the Android App Store. Definitely a LOT more than an iPod Classic for only $70 more.
im actually really interested in this, an alternative to the omnipotent apple, do you know what sort of user interface it has, is it comparable to itunes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==