Apple iPod Touch 4G stuck at apple logo

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I jailbroke my iPod Touch 4G using the tethered jailbreak with redsn0w 0.96b6. I then installed a Cydia package that required me to reboot my device. Now, my device is stuck at the apple logo. Every few minutes, the screen goes white, then black, then back to the Apple logo. I understand that this is normal for a tethered jailbreak, and I tried to boot it using redsn0w 0.96b6, but whenever I try to put it into DFU mode, the apple logo just reappears. Can anyone offer me any advice?

bdr9

unnkown95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put it into recovery mode, unplug it, hold the power till it turns off, then push the home button and plug it in it should enter recovery then reset it and start from scratch

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ Stop double posting. You can just edit your posts.

This is a side affect of being tethered. You get stuck at the Apple logo if you installed anything that uses Mobile Substrate. If you see the boot logo in DFU mode, it means you didn't do it right. Plug your device into your computer and turn it off (hold the power and home button for 10 seconds) Then you have to hold the power and home button simultaniously for 10 seconds, and then let go of the power button. Stay like that until your computer recognizes it. Then open redsn0w and chose just boot tethered now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm