iPod touch 2G jailbreak almost finished!

double_vision

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some of the iPod touch gamers might want to know that a jailbreak for the iPod touch 2nd gen is on the way and can be expected within the next few days, for those if you who dont have an iPod touch. Jailbreaking is basically like using a flashcard on ds. Allows you to fully customize you iPod and download Games not availiable in the app store

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
2g?
never knew apple released ipod touch 2g
whats the difference between them ( first and second generation ipod touch)?
the first one can be jailbroken easily even with the new firmware (2.0)

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
DarkRey said:
2g?

I have a 2G it is slimmer and sleeker then the original, has a faster cpu, has a built in speaker, better battery and external volume controls. If a jailbreak comes soon p1ngpong will be pleased!
smileipb2.png

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hell yes! I have been checking nearly every day for a jailbreak since I got mine (launch). I am so happy right now
smile.gif

Posts merged

Aww fuck man, I JUST updated to 2.2 yesterday because I didn't think there was going to be a jailbreak soon. Hopefully this will work for me!

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
From Chronic Devs blog

QUOTE said:
For people on 2.2, it is still ridiculously easy. The only difference is, it would have to be QuickPwn style. You would need to be told to hold home and power for X amount of seconds, etc. etc, and it would also need a 2.1.1 ipsw so it can upload the 2.1.1 iBSS, so that the exploit can be utilized.

QUOTEThe main point here is that it is gone in 2.2, but a tool they make can easily upload a 2.1.1 iBSS to DFU since it would be considered legit Apple code.

Im not saying I understand all that, but it sounds like it dosent matter if your on 2.2, hopefully!
yaypsp.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
DarkRey said:
2g?

I have a 2G it is slimmer and sleeker then the original, has a faster cpu, has a built in speaker, better battery and external volume controls. If a jailbreak comes soon p1ngpong will be pleased!
smileipb2.png
Actually 1G is technically a bit slimmer... and I wouldn't say sleeker since the backside curve makes it look more toy-ish.

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Linkiboy said:
p1ngpong said:
DarkRey said:
2g?

smileipb2.png
Actually 1G is technically a bit slimmer... and I wouldn't say sleeker since the backside curve makes it look more toy-ish.

To be honest I prefer the feel of the 1G, its nicer to hold onto, but I like the speaker and volume controls on the 2G, which is what swung me into getting it.

The 1 and 2G are about the same price right now, where I am anyway.

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess I should start saving up for one now. I've been wanting to replay Earthbound, but didn't want to play it on my computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality