iPlayer purchased, from a scam site?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by user1690, Jul 4, 2010.

Jul 4, 2010
  1. user1690
    OP

Newcomer user1690 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hey guys! I just wanted to know if anyone has heard of: http://www.xpertron.co.uk ?

This is because, as the topic title says i purchased an iPlayer for £29.99 with no memory card but it has been pending for the past 12 days and some further googling seems to indicate this site is a scam, a link below contains info on how someone only got part of their purchase, a few other searches turned up how people never got items at all but i cant seem to find the pages again.

So, has anyone dealt with this site before? Is it remotely legit at all? If not i'll at least attempt to contact PayPal and see if i can get myself a refund ASAP.

Link 1

-Thanks in advance for any replies!

-Have a nice day! [​IMG]

2. mylitomutalisk

Newcomer mylitomutalisk Member

United States
    looks like you got scammed man, from what I've read from the provided link they've gone to great lengths to keep their customer's money by sending them a "part" of an order. Since you've ordered JUST an iplayer I assume, you can open up a dispute with paypal and hopefully get your money back. These two threads should destroy their reputation.

3. ThatDudeWithTheFood

Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

United States
    I haven't seen anyone have troubles with that site I have seen a couple people buy from there so I don't think there a scam.

4. user1690
    OP

Newcomer user1690 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I thought as much, but guess what? Since that guy posted above you the order has changed to "Order sent to warehouse..."

So somethings up, i'll give em another 10days tops (Cos postage i selected was basic) if all fails i'll be contacting paypal.

5. akiyoruno

Newcomer akiyoruno Newbie

United States
    Did you end up receiving the iPlayer?