iPhone 7 vs Oneplus 3

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hehe, you crack me up; tell that to all the iPhone users whom have cracked screens. Which is basically all of them.
Man i told you dont have time to waste on u

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Go with it, why not? I personally love both OS equally, and when I upgrade or switch my phone, I usually jump from Android to iOS or vice versa. It's a fresh experience, and a nice change. Trust me you'll like it. Hardware is top notch, only problem would be the lack of headphone jack. Otherwise, it's actually a really good phone.

Others bashing iPhone, you need to actually own one to know how good it actually is. I just wish people would stop repeating what others are saying, it actually makes you look stupid.
Exacly what i do :)
Went from S4 to iPhone 5 to S6 to iPhone 7 plus

Reactions: insidexdeath
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man i told you dont have time to waste on u

Exacly what i do :)
Went from S4 to iPhone 5 to S6 to iPhone 7 plus
I went from iPhone 4S to Nexus 4, and then stopped at iPhone 6, and it's still going strong. A friend has the 7, and I liked what Apple has done with the 7. Although, they haven't really changed the outer appearance, but other than that, it's a solid phone.

I'm waiting on Google's Pixel offering this year, that's when I'll be upgrading :)

Reactions: NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I went from iPhone 4S to Nexus 4, and then stopped at iPhone 6, and it's still going strong. A friend has the 7, and I liked what Apple has done with the 7. Although, they haven't really changed the outer appearance, but other than that, it's a solid phone.

I'm waiting on Google's Pixel offering this year, that's when I'll be upgrading :)
They will make another Pixel?

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then explain how come a Apple A10 Fusion outperforms Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821.
It's fanboyism. Whatever you say will just be ignored. It's like when Apple fanboys associate Android with Samsung's lagwiz.

They will make another Pixel?
I'm certain we'll be seeing a new Pixel making an appearance by the end of this year.

Reactions: Dr.Hacknik

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's fanboyism. Whatever you say will just be ignored. It's like when Apple fanboys associate Android with Samsung's lagwiz.

I'm certain we'll be seeing a new Pixel making an appearance by the end of this year.
Ye fuck touchwiz

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go with it, why not? I personally love both OS equally, and when I upgrade or switch my phone, I usually jump from Android to iOS or vice versa. It's a fresh experience, and a nice change. Trust me you'll like it. Hardware is top notch, only problem would be the lack of headphone jack. Otherwise, it's actually a really good phone.

Others bashing iPhone, you need to actually own one to know how good it actually is. I just wish people would stop repeating what others are saying, it actually makes you look stupid.
I jumped from the iPhone 5 to the Galaxy S5, and overall, I enjoy Android more. iPhones are good in their own ways, especially with security, though, in one of my earlier posts, I mentioned a thing or two about why I prefer the phone I have now. Personally, I don't really like where the iPhones seem to be going, because to me, I feel like Apple is trying to make it as thin as possible, which is costing fundamental features. There is no wrong or right phone to own, since it's all opinion based. (I doubt I was the one you were making the post to, but I'm not one of those "omg androidz are soooo much bettar!" people.)

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No offense, but lol. iPhone displays are hideous. Sure there's retina, but the resolution is awful. They're still using 1280x1024 and 1920x1080. Which, aren't overall bad~ yet, the Nexus 6/6P and other phones have 4K displays, and have had them for years. They look gorgeous, and they've always looked better in my opinion, but the retina displays are no slouch that's for sure. Just, Apple is a bit late to the party.
http://www.displaymate.com/iPhone7_ShootOut_1.htm iPhone has one of the best LCDs around (according to them it's the best, while Samsung has consistently the best OLEDs).
Resolution loses meaning after a certain DPI at the same viewing distance, and this is a biological limit. The human eye can't discern individual pixels over a certain DPI (this is the whole meaning behind the "retina" moniker).
What increasing resolution does is: 1) increased battery usage as more pixels need to be lit, and the display is the most battery consuming hardware in a phone already 2) decreased GPU performance as it needs to drive a bigger framebuffer at native resolution.
I'm actually glad that OnePlus stayed with 1080P on their devices for this reason. The "race to bigger numbers" (which is the same for SoC GHz, cores, RAM, etc.) really goes against actual performance.

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's nothing special about the iphone, I'd rather buy a 250$ android phone and save the rest of the money.
Currently i've been using the note 3 neo since 2014, still works great.

My brother for example wants to buy the iphone just to feel special, or maybe for the apple icon on the back lol.

So is it worth the upgrade? No, most lower budget android phones can do everything . It's up to you.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
That's sadly true; every iPhone user thinks TouchWiz is basically Android, and Samsung is the only 'Android' device. Such fanboy/girl dumnasses.

http://www.displaymate.com/iPhone7_ShootOut_1.htm iPhone has one of the best LCDs around (according to them it's the best, while Samsung has consistently the best OLEDs).
Resolution loses meaning after a certain DPI at the same viewing distance, and this is a biological limit. The human eye can't discern individual pixels over a certain DPI (this is the whole meaning behind the "retina" moniker).
What increasing resolution does is: 1) increased battery usage as more pixels need to be lit, and the display is the most battery consuming hardware in a phone already 2) decreased GPU performance as it needs to drive a bigger framebuffer at native resolution.
I'm actually glad that OnePlus stayed with 1080P on their devices for this reason. The "race to bigger numbers" (which is the same for SoC GHz, cores, RAM, etc.) really goes against actual performance.

Have you ever heard of AMOLED or SUPER AMOLED displays? LCD is just not battery efficient nor good looking anymore. 4K doesn't really require a beefy GPU, nor does rendering stutter on the Nexus 6 (Which is a 4K AMOLED Display). Which, the blacks are amazing, and the ambient display is amazing. Especially the night-clock. With AMOLED, blacks are just turned off pixels, LCD displays can't do that; therefore, less pixels to light, less energy is consumed.

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Crystal the Glaceon

Just ignore posts like that. Usually they come from 12 years old who's daddy wouldn't buy or trust them an iPhone so they get a Samsung or Lg :lol:

Sure ? My Dad suggested me to buy an iPhone :rofl2:

Uhh that's a long Thread....
When I think a bit more about it,it would be a waste to buy an iPhone 7 when in 6 Months the iPhone 8 comes (and in the next Weeks the S8)
AND I didn't thought about Dash Charging and the Custom Roms + Viper4Android are just on Android/Oneplus 3.....

Last edited by Gnarmagon,

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure ? My Dad suggested me to buy an iPhone :rofl2:

Uhh that's a long Thread....
When I think a bit more about it,it would be a waste to buy an iPhone 7 when in 6 Months the iPhone 8 comes (and in the next Weeks the S8)
AND I didn't thought about Dash Charging and the Custom Roms + Viper4Android are just on Android/Oneplus 3.....
If you're interested, there's already tons of compatible roms for the OP3. LineageOS (Cyanogenmod's rebirth), Resurrection Remix, Omni, Freedom, and like billions more. You're free to use any rom you want on the system, plus there's some kernel mods that can improve preformance, and get you 8+ hours of screen on time on OxygenOS. (Not all custom roms support Dash Charge, but I'm pretty sure atleast Lineage and RR do.)

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you're interested, there's already tons of compatible roms for the OP3. LineageOS (Cyanogenmod's rebirth), Resurrection Remix, Omni, Freedom, and like billions more. You're free to use any rom you want on the system, plus there's some kernel mods that can improve preformance, and get you 8+ hours of screen on time on OxygenOS. (Not all custom roms support Dash Charge, but I'm pretty sure atleast Lineage and RR do.)

I love the Freedom OS Rom and I already built my own Rom (with Magisk,Root,Substratum, Viper4Android and some Kernel Stuff) the Problem is the SafetyNet thing from Google....
This Thing checks for unlocked Bootloader and the OP3 fails when the Bootloader is unlocked,so I can't play Fire Emblem Heroes :(
Therefore I have a locked Bootloader....

Offtopic: Dash Charge is a Software Feature ? (I thought the 4A that go through the Cable is Dash Charging,why should a rom be unsupported ?)

Last edited by Gnarmagon,

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the Freedom OS Rom and I already built my own Rom (with Magisk,Root,Substratum, Viper4Android and some Kernel Stuff) the Problem is the SafetyNet thing from Google....
This Thing checks for unlocked Bootloader and the OP3 fails when the Bootloader is unlocked,so I can't play Fire Emblem Heroes :(
Therefore I have a locked Bootloader....

Offtopic: Dash Charge is a Software Feature ? (I thought the 4A that go through the Cable is Dash Charging,why should a rom be unsupported ?)
I've been considering flashing something for a bit now, but I'd rather play with the rom first before flashing it to my op3. (Which I can't because the only other device I have is a locked Note 5 from At&t.)
You have a nice setup on your phone! However, FE:Heroes won't work on root, which is one of the reasons why I don't have root now. It should work just fine on an unlocked bootloader. Just unlocking the bootloader will prevent the use of Android Pay though. Magisk is amazing, although I think it has some incompatibility with OOS 4 (Nougat builds) since the last time I tried to use it I got a bootloop.

I'm unsure of the specifics, but I think Dash Charge is something that has to be enabled in the software before it'll actually work with the power adapter. (Although I could be totally wrong on this.)

Reactions: Gnarmagon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.