iphone 3g problem

corr0126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I finally decided to update to os 4 and, now my iphone is stuck in recovery mode, and when I try to restore it again itunes gives me an error, and my iphone completes the update, but its goes back to recovery mode basically its stuck in recovery mode, so what should I do??

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Put it in DFU mode, then connect it to iTunes, it should say it's found a device in DFU or whatever, then choose the firmware IPSW, it should be iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw and it should restore your iPhone to 4.0

corr0126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Put it in DFU mode, then connect it to iTunes, it should say it's found a device in DFU or whatever, then choose the firmware IPSW, it should be iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw and it should restore your iPhone to 4.0
thanks it worked

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have a 3G and was severely disappointed with iOS 4. It adds virtually *nothing* to a 3G.

Lifehacker has a pretty easy to follow article on how to jailbreak and get all the iOS 4 features on the old 3G. The only thing I've discovered is Pandora does not cooperate well with a GPS in the background, but other than that, most multitasking has been flawless for me.

http://lifehacker.com/5574507/how-to-enabl...-gen-ipod-touch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1