Apple iPhone 3G 3.1.2 Jailbreak

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been reading, and I'm SUPER unsure of this, so I just want a straight-forward answer.

I want to Jailbreak an iPhone 3G. It's 3.1.2, and there's a crap-load of music, photo's, apps, notes, contacts, e-mail accounts, and etc. The phone has been in use for a while with a lot of stuff on it, and to be honest it's such a bother to have to back up your contacts, lose your notes and e-mail accounts, jailbreak, and then have to restore your backup, select all the songs you want back on your phone. . . I think you know where I'm going with this.

Is there an easy, super quick and efficient and PROPER working Jailbreak for the iPhone 3G? I've heard Redsn0w 0.9.2 is good for 3.1.2, but It's still not very clear as to whether you NEED to restore the firmware.

I saw somewhere in redsn0w's Step-by-step instructions that you're instructed to RESTORE to 3.1.2 (we're already on 3.1.2. . . ) and then after that, you do the jailbreak. But, WHat I'm assuming is:

You RESTORE to 3.1.2, (which results in data loss), then you do the jailbreak, and during the jailbreak it refreshes your phone with 3.1.2 (jail-broken) which ALSO results in data loss (but you don't notice it 'cause you already restored before.)

So if I were to skip the first restoring step since we're already on 3.1.2, and then do the jailbreak. . . would we end up being screwed and losing all our data?

Thanks.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use Spirit to jailbreak. If you've got itunes 9.1, use the original version, if you've got itunes 9.2, use the updated version. It is very simple: you press one button, you wait for around 3 minutes and you're done.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just use spirit to jailbreak your iphone, it's painless easy and you WILL NOT lose any data. it's just a one click program so it cannot go wrong and only takes around 30 secs................sudeki300

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
supersonic5000 said:
With redsn0w you do not have to restore.
I recommend though upgrading to 4.0 or 4.0.1 and then using redsn0w or jailbreakme.com
use jailbreakme.com! i can personally vouch for this website and the awesomeness of being untethered. my only question is what games i should get now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr