ipdstealer by flatz

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Vappy, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Vappy
    OP

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    Shortly following kakaroto's ps3xport, flatz released a method to grab the ipds of ANY PS3 that you already have physical access to and can change the settings on, OFW or CFW. Unfortunately it needs for the console to be able to connect to PSN, so for OFW consoles time is limited until Sony pushed a mandatory update that patches it.

Source: http://playstationhax.it/forums/topic/1083-release-idpstealer-by-flatz/

2. CheeseCake

CheeseCake GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2014
    United States
    On the Kitchen Table Obviously
    If I didn't read that thread you linked, I would have thought it was something malicious lol.

Basically, if you have physical access and connected on PSN for both PS3s, you can transfer the idps from the other PS3.
    The OP's description is actually a joke.

3. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    just a tip, i got this all set up properly but my ps3 wouldn't connect to PSN. it was pretty random, sometimes it would but sometimes it wouldn't. just had to keep trying over and over until it actually worked. then spam whats new over and over until it finally dumped.

don't know why but thats my story and i got 2 OFW IDPS dumps.

4. Vappy
    OP

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    Was less a joke and more poor wording on my part :P I'll edit it to clarify a little.

5. CheeseCake

CheeseCake GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2014
    United States
    On the Kitchen Table Obviously
    I blame Zecoxao for any misunderstandings. He was saying all that stuff and it got debunked a few posts down.

6. Cyberdrive

Cyberdrive GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    Some people in that thread were wondering whether you need PSN account for this to work, and since I'm too lazy to register there, I'll report here.

1. You DO NOT need PSN account for this (it will work even if your PS3 has never been online).
    2. You MUST have the latest firmware installed OR avoid the firmware update requirement on accessing "What's New" section in some other way.

I personally bought a brand new factory sealed Super Slim with firmware 4.22 installed, and was able to get its IDPS after having upgraded it to OFW 4.66 (I don't need ODE compatibility because I already have CFW on another PS3).
    The only thing I had to do after updating the firmware was entering country and birth date to access appropriate "What's New" content (default country and "today" as birthday worked fine).
    If you have to keep the outdated firmware to use your ODE, I've seen reports of people getting IDPS on 4.5x firmware PS3s by spoofing current firmware version check with another proxy server first, then disabling that proxy and switching to idpstealer proxy to get the IDPS.