Hardware Ipatched switch discussion

dxxshore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm running a 4.1.0 ipatched switch with kosmos and pegascape. I use an emummc updated to 9.0.0.
I was just wanting a place for others if they have any questions or answers, when most tutorials or guids on anything don't really specify ipatched steps. I also have ipatched only questions, and would like to talk to other users, thank you, and I look forward to expanding my knowledge more.

fisticuffs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi dxxshore,
I also have an ipatched switch 4.1 running atmosphere 0.9.4/kosmos 14. I'm still learning, I'm running my cfw on emuMMC off my sdcard and not my sysnand.
I'm having fun playing around with it, I want to get updated keys from it now that I'm on 8.1 but I don't think lockpick can do it, and since I cannot do RCM, I'm not quite sure
yet how to do this. Also I'm scared to change the dns servers and use it online, but some of the apps have update features that say internet connection required, wondering if there is a way to safely
use it online ?

Edit: Wondering if running Lockpick_RCM.bin from Hekate v5.0.2 would work ?

Last edited by fisticuffs,
Reactions: dxxshore

dxxshore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by dxxshore,
Reactions: fisticuffs

fisticuffs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not exploitable through RCM, Hetake says its patched. But was wondering if running from the /payloads/ LockpickRCM.bin if it will brick my switch ? I'm still alittle unfimilar with this.
I should beable to just reboot to stock after running that payload through Hatake yea ? Not ballsy enough to try without knowing for sure first.
My SD card is A2 128gb Fat32 formatted by mini tool partition wizard
Thanks dxxshore

dxxshore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accordingly you should be able to run lockpick rcm through caffeine it should run through hekate payload, it doesn't put you into autorcm so it shouldn't mess you up, I'm deathly afraid of supernag and autorcm. So what so according to hekate my switch isn't patched but sn says it is. I'm running a 400gb in exfat. Really IDK what everyone wants you on fat32 when I changes to exfat everything ran so much faster. You can use choidujour to update 4.1.0 to exfat without going online. From a 3min boot time to half minute.

Last edited by dxxshore,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's not exploitable through RCM, Hetake says its patched. But was wondering if running from the /payloads/ LockpickRCM.bin if it will brick my switch ? I'm still alittle unfimilar with this.
I should beable to just reboot to stock after running that payload through Hatake yea ? Not ballsy enough to try without knowing for sure first.
My SD card is A2 128gb Fat32 formatted by mini tool partition wizard
Thanks dxxshore
Anything that doesn't modify your NAND is safe to use (most things don't)
Accordingly you should be able to run lockpick rcm through caffeine it should run through hekate payload, it doesn't put you into autorcm so it shouldn't mess you up, I'm deathly afraid of supernag and autorcm. So what so according to hekate my switch isn't patched but sn says it is. I'm running a 400gb in exfat. Really IDK what everyone wants you on fat32 when I changes to exfat everything ran so much faster. You can use choidujour to update 4.1.0 to exfat without going online. From a 3min boot time to half minute.
SD card shouldn't affect your boot time if you're not booting off of emuNAND and even if you are, it doesn't matter whether you use ExFAT or FAT32 as it's loading from a separate partition anyway (if you set it up the recommended way)
My boot times are nowhere near 3 minutes, and that's when I'm booting off emuNAND. They're more like 30 seconds. So something was definitely not right with your setup and it had nothing to do with FAT32.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

dxxshore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well all I did was move everything off the card format to exfat and moved everything back on so I don't know how it was my setup.

Seems I'm a ipatched poser, I was just able to get hekate injected in rcm mode, thank you for telling me about fuse info, thought I'veit might have been a bug ,been trying to keep it in ipatched standards since the ismyswitchpatched site said it was definitely patched.

Last edited by dxxshore,

fisticuffs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again,
LockpickRCM through Hetake worked like a charm. Was able to select which nand I wanted to dump.
As far as my SD card, its a sandisk extreme A2 U3 v30 128gb. It boots quickly, But I would rather use exfat, maybe next update
I'll get a larger card and try exfat. I appreciate the responses guys, thanks again for the tidbits.

fisticuffs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks dxxshore, I wasn't aware of that, guess I won't be doing that. I'm not messing with the sysnand for any reason.
Fat32 is fine, I set it up the way through the quide and its good.

Yaakovchenz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I hope it's ok to ask a question. I also have Ipatched swith with kosmos and emummc. How do you guys update your system firmware (on atmosphere). I have the lasteset kosmo (16) and atmosphere (0.12), but I am not sure how to update the system firmware which is still 8.1.0. should I update from nintendo servers?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope it's ok to ask a question. I also have Ipatched swith with kosmos and emummc. How do you guys update your system firmware (on atmosphere). I have the lasteset kosmo (16) and atmosphere (0.12), but I am not sure how to update the system firmware which is still 8.1.0. should I update from nintendo servers?
You must mean how to update your emummc, no? An I-patched Switch on system firmware 8.1.0 wouldn't allow CFW. You must stay on 4.1.0, from what I know about it. Anyway, to update emummc, just use choidujournx, as usual. Choose the exfat option, even if your SD card is fat32.

Yaakovchenz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Thanks for the help! I am not sure about the terms. I know I shoudn't update the sys nand in order to keet pegascape working. I meant that I need to update the emummc system firmware and not the atmosphere part which is already updated. I understand that I need to update with choidujournx. a few questions:
1) can I update through nintndo servers?
2) If I update with choidujournx, shoul I do it from the emummc cfw (I also have unused CFW on sysnand)?
3) Is ther any danger or things to know about using choidujournx with Ipathced? I have read that there is a potential brick because of it trying to launch autorcm

Thanks a lot. I am really lost and afraid to loose CFW support

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also, does this guide safe?
manualupgrade switch homebrew guide (google. Sorry, I can't post the link because of the user status)

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't update through Nintendo's servers. Choidujournx does a fine job by itself. Boot into your emummc, verify that you are really in emummc (so firmware 8.1.0) and launch choidujournx to update. Remove the checkmark for autoRCM in choidujournx (useless for emummc, anyway), and remember to choose the exfat version of the firmware, whether or not you use exfat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1