Hacking IOS60 Patch - what does it?

D

Deleted User

mtb-bfh said:
afif95 said:
Dude, bootmii is not supposed to be the end-all of brick protection. It's for creating homebrew in a custom user-made environment.

Dude, this statement direct from BootMii.org's about page...

BootMii for Users:

BootMii is a piece of software that can be installed as an IOS or inserted into the boot process. As an IOS, it provides a fast way to back up your Wii's internal NAND flash memory, and will eventually form the basis of a new generation of homebrew applications for the Wii. Inserted into the boot process, BootMii provides you with a "safety net" -- you can back up your entire Wii to SD in under three minutes! If you were to brick your Wii, BootMii would still run and let you restore your backup from SD, quickly and painlessly. BootMii also allows you to directly boot the Homebrew channel or other homebrew from SD, bypassing the "warning screen" and the rest of the menu.

I'm well aware of the back-end significance of bootmii for developers, but the "public face" has been all about brick protection in the majority of the comments I've seen made by TT. And I'm obviously not the only one with this perception, given the number of posts about BootMii that boil down to people complaining that they can or can't use homebrew and/or backup their NAND. I can't say I've seen many "Oooh, I can write a driver for MINI now!" comments.

Sorry I didn't kiss your idols.

Honestly, they aren't my idols. And if you were long in Wii Homebrew, you'd see the real main point of Bootmii; to enable unlimited access for homebrew (For that to be achieved, a custom user-made environment has to be made). It was the wet dreams of many many developers, to develop homebrew without restrictions.

And, majority of the "public face" is waiting for Bootmii for its environment, rather than its brick-protection, because that's just a bonus. Truthfully, I was waiting for Bootmii just for the endless homebrew possibilities, not for the brick-protection. And I'm sure many was waiting for Bootmii for the same objective.

You know what? When bootmii was in development, none really think about the brick-protection. Yes, we were aware about the boot2 thing, but that was how far it'd go. Back then, all we thought about was the homebrew possibilities.

Sorry I foiled your theories on the main point of Bootmii.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Because installed channels don't have a real signature and the normal IOS60 says "WTF IS THIS CRAP" when you try to pass something fakesigned by it. Then you send in a team of ninjas to beat up IOS60 and put a little trucha bug into his belly button, which promptly crawls around inside and attaches itself to IOS60's brainstem so that next time a fake signature is thrown at it, it says "DUUUH, WHATEVAH YOU SAY BOSS!"

HAHAHAHA

D

Deleted User

mtb-bfh said:
afif95 said:
Sorry I foiled your theories on the main point of Bootmii.

There was no theory. I pasted a direct quotation from BootMii.org's blurb.

Yea sure. But you were saying that Bootmii is for brick-protection, which it ain't. Read my other post and stop trying to contradict. Bootmii's main point is to offer a limitless homebrew possibilities in a full custom user-made environment. Brick protection is just a bonus.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Yea sure. But you were saying that Bootmii is for brick-protection, which it ain't. Read my other post and stop trying to contradict. Bootmii's main point is to offer a limitless homebrew possibilities in a full custom user-made environment. Brick protection is just a bonus.

Actually, I was saying that LU64s currently lack brick protection, and BootMii doesn't help at the moment. Which remains true. What am I contradicting?

D

Deleted User

mtb-bfh said:
afif95 said:

Actually, I was saying that LU64s currently lack brick protection, and BootMii doesn't help at the moment. Which remains true. What am I contradicting?

Actually, what made me go into this "main point of bootmii" discussion is this line in your other post:

I find it somewhat ironic that Bootmii was supposed to be the end-all of brick protection

Yea, I admit, I drifted off course and we got into this argument. Then, you contradict the fact that Bootmii is for limitless homebrew possibilities (Which is why I said "stop trying to contradict"). It was proven that you contradicted the obvious "main point of Bootmii" by the post you made saying a quotation from bootmii.org.

And with your and my latest posts, this sums up our argument so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment