Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shuny said:
Kthx metroid phobia for giving false informations.

Ban him, I'm serious, I just updated mah Wii.
did you try the channel remover to see which IOS version you got after the update ?

if the last IOS36 is already in some games like SSBB, why the update for the WiiWare/shop is needed ?
edit : got the answer, shoping is in another Wad. ok
tongue.gif

edit2 :
The channel remover V2 show which IOS, the one in use or the lasted found even if not in use ?

mark187

Trophies
XP
Country
Shuny said:
metroid_phobia said:
lettuce said:
Will this IOS37 Update, update the Wii automatically, or will you have to manually search for a system update?

lettuce, you are in the uk so the ISO37 isn't out via the system update.
Kthx metroid phobia for giving false informations.

Ban him, I'm serious, I just updated mah Wii.
What the hell are you talking about? The info he gave isn't false at all.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i updated my pal wii and tried to run "no more heroes" patched with trucha and it worked for me (it booted at least i didnt go ingame)

that should be enough tho to show that it's working isnt it?

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Elfish said:
i updated my pal wii and tried to run "no more heroes" patched with trucha and it worked for me (it booted at least i didnt go ingame)

It mean you have the IOS37 installed but like everybody, it isn't active yet. If you try Mario Kart Wii, you'll be pwned. I know you can patch Mario Kart Wii so your Wii won't use IOS37 but it's boring to have a "bomb" installed on your Wii.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Shuny said:
Elfish said:

It mean you have the IOS37 installed but like everybody, it isn't active yet. If you try Mario Kart Wii, you'll be pwned. I know you can patch Mario Kart Wii so your Wii won't use IOS37 but it's boring to have a "bomb" installed on your Wii.

This forum is turning into shite with shit posters like this. I'm about to find out if the ignore users option works, gonna be a lot end up in there. I can't take any more useless posts after tonight, it's not fun at all.

Jeremytus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So far, what I've gathered from this thread is (sorry for repeating);

1. That the Europe and Australian Wii owners can update via WiFi to the 3.2E update safely, without worrying about IOS37 being implanted into the System Menu.

2. (I think) Mario Kart contains an update that installs IOS37, but doesn't use it in the menu? - Is that corrent?

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
duncans_pumpkin said:
shuny stop porviding lies on this thread. IOS37 is not in Mario Kart. It is also NOT ON eurpean online wii update.

Is this true (srry duncans but you dont know it with all those shitty poster out there)

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After 3 pages I still don't know whether or not to online update my JAP wii .. no reason to I guess, if it ain't broke don't fix it
smile.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shuny said:
Wii Duplicated Channel Remover shows the IOS which is in USE, not the IOS which are installed. And Mario Kart just released today, I might be screwed if it installs a Systemmenu which uses IOS37 ...

I can know confirm what you said Shuny. you just installed the IOS37.
And people saying it doesn't contain IOS37, they are wrong.

a friend just tested that a few minutes ago :
before updating his Wii, he was on 3.1E on IOS35
he is living in France like me.

1 - He tried the Duplicate Channel remover V2 by Waninkoko, and it said IOS35
2 - He run the Title lister program, written by Bushing. (can be found here). last listed IOS = IOS35 -- picture here -- look at line 40
3 - update from online (not from mario kart)
4 - run the Title lister again. Last listed IOS = IOS 37 (2070) Ver8.22 -- picture here -- line 41

now the funny thing : it doesn't have IOS36 yet. check line 42 it says IOS35 (1040)

5 - He run Duplicate Channel remover V2, it says : IOS35 !!!! (even if IOS37 is present)

6 - he put Mario kart in the Wii, and mario kart ask to update. he does, and run Channel remover again : IOS36. The one mariokart just added.

7 - He run again the Title lister, and now, all the IOS are present. -- picture here -- Notice how the IOS36 is on top of IOS37 (line 42) and a new ISO14 just appeared too. maybe he didn't have it yet on his Wii, and mario kart installed it at the same time.

Conclusion :
1 - Waninkoko tool does not list last IOS installed, but actual IOS in use.

2 - PAL region do have IOS37

edit : 3 - We can see that Mario kart still want the IOS36 to be installed, even if better IOS is present. It could have think "let's activate the IOS37, as it's a better one". no, it's running the right one the TMD is asking.

Now the question is : Is there only one IOS37, or 2 version of IOS37 ?
IOS37-64-v2070.wad is the French one, does the US IOS with the trucha fix have a different version number ?

Could someone in USA who already latest firmware from online update test it with Title lister and report the version please ?
Thank you
smile.gif

Edit : Thanks goes to my friend Thany who devoted himself to update his wii to test this.

Edit 2 :
nothing to do with IOS, I'm just wondering if it could be possible to download only the Shop channel for WiiWare without IOS37 by redirecting the links to the good files.
I have the link for 4 splitted files the Wii downloaded while updating the IOS37.
he is sending me those files, I will check if they are common .wad file with Wad explorer.

haruk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to be at 3.2U and with IOS 36?
It's possible that the dupe channel remover is reading it wrong, but according to that, I have IOS 36. I updated via the network update last night for mario kart, and then I was about to update the PAL update on mario kart on my 3.2U console(forgot to run brickblocker, and would just delete it anyways with the dupe channel remover), then I decided to see if the 15% trick works on it. Well, apparently I did it too late after the 15% trick, and I had 1 out of 2 of the dupe channels I would get from it. Anyways, when I ran the dupe channel remover to get rid of that one, it said I was IOS 36. I tried running my Trucha'd brawl and it seemed to work fine too, although I didn't test much into it, but it did boot up.

So what I'm wondering is, was the network update in the US changed recently to still have IOS36? Or did I somehow get part of the firmware in the PAL mario kart mixed in with my US one, and give me 36?
btw, I did end up just burning another mario kart with the brick blocker in it, just in case.

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@haruk
QUOTE said:
When a title (game, channel, etc) starts, it tells the system menu (using a field in the TMD) what version of the IOS it needs to run on -- to support this, the Wii stores all previous firmware versions. (For most Wiis, this will be IOS9, IOS11, IOS13, IOS15, IOS17, IOS20, IOS21, IOS30, IOS31, IOS33, IOS34, IOS35, IOS36, and now IOS37).
see wiibrew for more info
http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is a joke.

Mario Kart Wii does NOT have IOS37. I can't make it any clearer than that. In fact it didn't even ask me to run an update, but that could be because I used trucha to remove the region updates from NTSC-U Brawl before running it on my PAL console.

As for whether or not it's been released with the latest online update, who cares? It's not active yet, and for most people it won't affect them. Sure not being able to run Trucha signed games and Freeloader might suck a little, but only 2 months ago we were in the same situation.

You people really need to chill a little
smile.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
lombers said:
This thread is a joke.

Mario Kart Wii does NOT have IOS37. I can't make it any clearer than that. In fact it didn't even ask me to run an update, but that could be because I used trucha to remove the region updates from NTSC-U Brawl before running it on my PAL console.

As for whether or not it's been released with the latest online update, who cares? It's not active yet, and for most people it won't affect them. Sure not being able to run Trucha signed games and Freeloader might suck a little, but only 2 months ago we were in the same situation.

You people really need to chill a little
smile.gif

Same here, Mario Kart never asked me to update either, and I did same as you with Brawl.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This thread is not a joke.
It doesn't say Mario kart contain IOS37, it says online update does.

I was in 3.2E version 1 with IOS36
mario kart updated to 3.2E Version 2, still IOS36

Version 1 and version 2 refer to WUM iso analyse.

@haruk :
Is it possible to be at 3.2U and with IOS 36?

Yes, 2 possible versions of 3.2 with IOS36.

I updated via the network update last night for mario kart
Anyways, when I ran the dupe channel remover to get rid of that one, it said I was IOS 36
Then you have IOS37 now, even if mario kart is using IOS36 and Channel remover says ios36.
It's just not activated yet. to see IOS37, use Title lister instead of channel remover.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp