ios36 with fake-signing?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by goku21temp, Oct 25, 2008.

Oct 25, 2008

ios36 with fake-signing? by goku21temp at 12:26 PM (1,615 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. goku21temp
    OP

Member goku21temp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    mmhhh i think theres one thing which i don´t understand... the new patchmii-installer installs ios51 and allows fakesigning but the ios 36 and 30 which we all have on our wii don´t allow fakesigning...

why is there not a similar installer for ios36?

2. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Another noob

Every IOS until IOS51 allowed Fakesigning (it means all IOSes from 9 to 45 had a the bug in them) However, Nintendo fixed it in all IOSes with yesterday's update.

The new installer patches the IOS51 to allow fakesigning.

3. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    actually, IOS37 would be interesting - it was the first with the signing bug fixed, however nobody was interested in getting it fixed as it was not used by any part of the system. As far as I know, variants of IOS37 that allow fakesigning are only available as non-overriding cIOSes.
    Also, it would be nice if there was a program that bumps up the version number of the old IOS4-IOS36 versions to match the fixed one so the system will appear updated.

4. buvk

Newcomer buvk Advanced Member

Canada
    so if you use this patch you can play trucha signed games? or am i reading this wrong?

5. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes and no, you'll still need a modchip or to use the backup loader to load trucha signed games, but what this patch does is updates your shop channel and IOS51 without fixing the fakesigning bug in all of the other IOS's, and tona's version of the patcher actually adds a fakesigning bug into IOS51 for future games that might use it.

What the update originally did was add the shop update and IOS51 and it went back and patched every IOS to remove the fakesign bug so you couldn't run anything on an older IOS requiring a fakesign for example installing the homebrew channel or using a wad manager.

TL;DR This makes it so you can still use the shop channel legitimately without disabling all your fakesigns.

6. snake2

Newcomer snake2 Advanced Member

United States
    The system menu uses IOS30 so you will still need to use Gecko OS to play Trucha signed games.

I'm hoping someone can modify PatchMii to patch IOS30 to allow Trucha signed games to run from the system menu and not need Gecko OS