ios249 problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by b3nj4m1n, Jan 18, 2011.

Jan 18, 2011

ios249 problems by b3nj4m1n at 3:03 AM (815 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. b3nj4m1n
    OP

Newcomer b3nj4m1n Member

United States
    ok well i'm new to this, last weekend i went through the whole modmii thing and everything was fine, used MMM to enable blocking updates (or so i thought) then played some games through out the week and 2 of them made me do an update.

home brew channel and emulators still worked so i didn't think anything was wrong. this weekend i got an external hard drive and put a movie on there to test wiimc, works fine. then i tried to put configurable usb loader on but it wouldn't start. did some searching and ended up following the mod any wii guide.

so after that usb loader starts up i made a backup of wii sports but i can't play it, put a bunch of other games on and none work. i get an error that says i must update ios249 to rev18 or higher in order to run off usb. i downloaded something to update it to rev 21. says samething, tried rev 20, says same thing. googled but haven't found any help.

i figured out how to switch the ios the game loads with and tried 222 and all of the games work with that.

so first off anyone know wtf is wrong with 249? and secondly why should i be trying to get it to work? is it more compatible with games than 222 or something?

thanks

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If you haven't already done so, install IOS236 with this. Load MMM, tell it to use IOS236, and remove your stubs. Now your rev21 installer should work correctly. Make sure you tell it to use IOS236, and you will want to use IOS56 as a base.

3. b3nj4m1n
    OP

Newcomer b3nj4m1n Member

United States
    i'll try that when i'm home.

i forgot to add when i enabled the update blocks through MMM i checked again after the games made me update and the hacks were disabled, i couldn't get them to save through MMM. i held reset and started it and enabled them that way and they saved, now when i try to check through MMM it says something like no log exists or something..

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If you want to block updates, install Priiloader. Also make sure you have the hacks_hack.ini file on the root of your SD card. Once you have exited the installer, hold reset until a white screen comes up. Go to the system menu hacks and enable the Block Disc Updates and Block Online Updates hacks.