Hacking IOS236 troubles plz help

Microwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so i gave my Wii internet access, following the guide step by step, upgraded to 4.2, when i run the IOS236 Installerv3 and wait for the prompt to press 1, i always get an error, it's been 20 times in a row. it says

Exception (DSI) occured!
Buncha numbers

Stack Dump:
more numbers

Code Dump:
More Numbers

Plz help

Microwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the one that came with the 42mod.zip in teh hackmii installer. Not sure how to check the exact v but i just d/lded it tonight

Microwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
appparently, the 420th time's a charm... don't ask me why but it worked... i didn't change anything... thanks tho

Microwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have 1 more follow up question tho, following the guide, i got to the "After modding" section and a little ways down it sayd to play my disc backups to get NeoGamma or Softchip etc... Does this mean my Wii won't read backups as is?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.....and if its not playing burned discs with neogamma, its off to USB loading for you.
Use Configurable Usb Loader. and format your ext. usb to FAT32 for best results, also use Wii Backup Manager to transfer your Wii games to your drive....

Microwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you both for the quick reply, i'm gonna get on the neogamma in the morning and post an update on how things went
smile.gif
Thank you all

Microwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so i got Neogamma r8, and its not like i recall, the last time i did this, Neogamma allowed me to load games from the disc channel, now it seems like it's an app to launch them on its own, that i have to go into homebrew each time to do... Anyone know the answer? Also, when i try and load the backup through Neogamma, i get the error "DVD Read error (1167) not sure what's going on here.

I'm wondering, maybe did i miss something that was supposed to be done before Neogamma will work? Is there a step i missed?

Just some quit input here:
1.Followed soft mod guide starting with upgrading the Wii to 4.2U
2.Got the latest Neogamma r8 here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884
3. Using Sony DVD -R's
4.Burnt game using imageburn
5.When i press the "home" button on the Wii controller in homebrew, at the top right it says this
IOS58 v24.31
6. Game is Donkey Kong Country aquired at tpb not sure if i'm allowed to link that, or if it matters, it was confirmed working at that site.

Ok, so i also downloaded Darkcorp 1.1 and ran it, aswell as the 2 optional installs (to get the disc to be read in disc channel) and still nothing! plz someone help this noob!

Hope someone could help, i've searched google quite some time now, with no luck at all, all outdated stuff.. Any help at all would be awesome
smile.gif
Thanks in advance =D

Voosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want fast easy access to your games i reccommend you install your neogamma R8 as a channel, using multi-mod-manager, get the wad file,(http://gbatemp.net/lofiversion/index.php?t205141-0.html)

1. go to HBC - load multi mod manager
2. go to WAD
3. Install the wad file provided with the link and put it in the WAD folder on the root of your SD card using the instructions on the screen
4. will install as a channel.

As for a cIOS I reccommend cIOS rev20 but others say rev 17 is better.

base option is your choice although most compatible with rev 20 is base 56

Good luck,

PS - Channel had autoboot mod, so games will boot automatically when you press start, config menu is availiable if you press either home or 1(not sure press both), in less than 3 secs of pressing start

Microwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i installed Neogamma r9 rev 47 installed through MMM as a channel.. i load neogamma, and it fails with a different error code (1208) now, at the bottom of Neogamma this is the info i have

Neogamma r9 b47, cIOS56rev20 slot 249

By the way, i'm a total noob, no clue what's happening here.

Also added note, i have 3 different dvd's here i been trying.

Extra added note, this Wii is old, from 2006 it says underneath it.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your wii is really old? I don't think so... Could you please say your serial number? It's under your wii.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Microwilly said:
Model # RVL-001(usa)

Serial # LU39889041 and then theres a 2 in a box at the end of it

hope it helps
Forget it, it's a new wii:
http://www.wiidrives.com/identify?serial=LU39889041#
QUOTE* There is a 50% chance the chipset is Combined GC2-D3 with no drive chip.
* And there is also a 50% chance the chipset is GC2-D3-2 (v2) with no drive chip.
D3 and D4 drives are not able to launch backups, you will need to use USB loading.

Microwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fair enough, seeing as i'm fed up of trying to figure crap out right now, i'll look into how to do that tomorrow. Thanks for the help tho... 2006 didn't seem right to me either.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pyrate02 said:
I had a problem also with 42up - I took the lazy approach - gave up and updated the Wii through Nintendo to 4.3u and then hacked it using a SSBB disc and the 43mod files....

Install latest HBC installed, update to 4.3 online and then run 236 installer v5 is the laziest way of doing it.
Then use ios 236 to install cios.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check out the new files packs for modded v5 installer which is automated and should be fast enough for the error not to strike
smile.gif
The first post hasn't been updated yet, but the filepacks have
smile.gif

-Erik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth: