Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
sorry to start a big debate over CIOS/Loaders and S/Uneek

myself i like using uneek because:

i mess with these programs alot and if i tried some of the stuff i have made on my real wii nand i would have had a
plastic brick a long time ago so for me its nice to just remake my nand folders and try again if i brick my emunand

thanks for the answers guys

i only have 3 or 4 games that wont play in uneek and was wanting to see if i could get them going
thought maybe i could get the reload block trick to work for me
but i see now that it wont work

thanks again

scooby

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JoostinOnline said:
Aww, don't feel bad. I know being Canadian wasn't a choice you made. You were born that way.
biggrin.gif

PS: I like "the beaver" as well.
wink.gif

wholly fuck im going to explode. you people... er... why would... AHHh brain overolord. too many ignorant americans comments coming to mind... iraq... and... obama.. you ... have... stupid... er.. gah.... sensory ... overload... ignorant... err.r... and you... world.... police.. gah!!!! BUSH.. bah...

props to xflak.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
terminal_illness said:
JoostinOnline said:
Aww, don't feel bad. I know being Canadian wasn't a choice you made. You were born that way.
biggrin.gif

wink.gif
wholly fuck im going to explode. you people... er... why would... AHHh brain overolord. too many ignorant americans comments coming to mind... iraq... and... obama.. you ... have... stupid... er.. gah.... sensory ... overload... ignorant... err.r... and you... world.... police.. gah!!!! BUSH.. bah...

props to xflak.
lol, too funny! If it makes u feel better Joostin and I have our patriotic debates\battles via PMs all the time, we might talk trash about each others countries but we're only kidding. In all seriousness, there's no other country I'd rather have as a neighbour
biggrin.gif
... besides, American's make us Canadians look good! Seriously, a couple years ago I was in Greece picking up chicks, they heard my accent and got discusted and said... "ew, you're American?", and once I explained I was Canadian that changed EVERYTHING. Long story short, American's usually pretend to be Canadian when they travel so they don't get robbed, but now they have another reason... picking up chicks! Don't get me wrong, in North America being Canadian is nothing special, but in some places of Europe, believe it or not, we're considered exotic... who knew!

Randomness, I just thought of this and laughed so I thought I'd share:
Americans vs. Canadians
aka.
Bush Lovers vs. Beaver Lovers
...underneath it all, we're all the same, lol

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DeadlyFoez said:
JoostinOnline said:
XFlak said:
scooby74029 said:
i just want to know what the ios octlv request for 0xao (i believe)does?just? I'm sorry man, but you've gone over my head

Check this out. I don't think it's in the Canadian dictionary.

LMFGDHAO! LOLOLOLOLLOLLOOLLLL!!!

Sorry man. I know really what you are referring to, but damn, that is hilarious.

BTW, I know for a fact that canadians know the word, but it is always prefaced by the semi-word 'aye'.

j/k... but really true.
biggrin.gif

I can't make fun of it though because I will be canadian too, myself, in a few months. Xflak has convinced me.

we welcome you deadlyfoez.
XFlak said:
QUOTE(terminal_illness @ Jun 14 2011, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE(JoostinOnline @ Jun 14 2011, 01:59 AM)
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

props to xflak.
lol, too funny! If it makes u feel better Joostin and I have our patriotic debates\battles via PMs all the time, we might talk trash about each others countries but we're only kidding. In all seriousness, there's no other country I'd rather have as a neighbour
biggrin.gif
... besides, American's make us Canadians look good! Seriously, a couple years ago I was in Greece picking up chicks, they heard my accent and got discusted and said... "ew, you're American?", and once I explained I was Canadian that changed EVERYTHING. Long story short, American's usually pretend to be Canadian when they travel so they don't get robbed, but now they have another reason... picking up chicks! Don't get me wrong, in North America being Canadian is nothing special, but in some places of Europe, believe it or not, we're considered exotic... who knew!

Randomness, I just thought of this and laughed so I thought I'd share:
Americans vs. Canadians
aka.
Bush Lovers vs. Beaver Lovers
...underneath it all, we're all the same, lol

LMAO, i have alot of american friends aswell, and the debate is never ending...

sorry for the continued off topic-ness

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just stopping by this thread and skimmed over the IOS reload explanation.
So essentially, I could block IOS reload to enter multiplayer in Metroid Prime 2 from the collection, right? Because if I can do that I'd be pretty pleased.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
secretchaos1 said:
Just stopping by this thread and skimmed over the IOS reload explanation.
So essentially, I could block IOS reload to enter multiplayer in Metroid Prime 2 from the collection, right? Because if I can do that I'd be pretty pleased.QUOTE(obcd @ Jun 14 2011, 07:27 PM) With the newest cIOS d2x and the latest usbloader_gx, yes. With uneek, no.
Using the newest d2x cIOS w\ usbloader_gx or configurable usb-loader or neogamma, yes. With s\uneek+di, you should also be able to enter multiplayer in in Metroid Prime 2 as well as play any other ios reloading game, the difference is that using s\uneek ios reloading isn't blocked

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's never actually blocked. On d2x it says blocked, but it loads IOS249 instead of any IOS that is requested to load AND it reinits the usb stuff so that the next read is done on usb and not from disc.

On Uneek+DI the IOS is either loaded or a replacement is loaded(see discussion before) from the emulated nand + patches + maybe usb reinit code as well. Not 100% sure how exactly it works on Uneek, but it doesn't matter, on Uneek IOS Reloads shouldn't be any problem, because it's designed to just "eat" those.

So if you have a problem with IOS Reloads on games that are not of the "IOS Reloading games", it's an Uneek issue. Or maybe a problem with your HDD. There's the possibility though that your nand image is missing the IOS is question, so Uneek can't load it with patches.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
daxtsu said:
JoostinOnline said:
Why would you even want to load a game (not VC/WiiWare channels) from an emulated NAND anyway? It's easier just to use a USB loader.
A couple reasons, at least in my case:

-Keeps saves portable between Wiis(nice for if you travel/have multiple Wiis)
-No save copy protection(since you have access to the raw files).

-But most of us don't and thats what SD cards are for.
-You can bypass save copy protection within 30 seconds (launch hbc > gecko > done) A lot faster than emulated nand?

Sneek is awesome an all don't get me wrong. I used it for a little bit but lost interest. I just use CFG and uLoader for vc/wiiware and tons of rockband songs
smile.gif

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
for me s/uneek works
because i have all my rb2/rb3 DLC all my ww/vc and all my games in the same place and all i have to do is play them

no start this app and then if the settings are wrong redo it

just start and play whatever i want to play(expecton of a few disc games that are messing with me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I think it means something like one of these...