Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I want to add some wii IOS's to give it the functionality of 3.4-3.4, and I ran into an issue.

I have 2 sets of IOS's. One has the trucha bug still in it, the other does not.

What does this do, and should I install it to keep future hacks possible?

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
Just a question that l've been wondering for a while now and this topic is a perfect opportunity to ask.
What functionality does 3.4 offer that you want? What about 3.3 for that matter?

I don't understand why people feel the need to "update" ... when the only thing l can see that the updates do is fix bugs that we're using to run homebrew with... :S

Please share...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jspicher said:
Just a question that l've been wondering for a while now and this topic is a perfect opportunity to ask.
What functionality does 3.4 offer that you want? What about 3.3 for that matter?

I don't understand why people feel the need to "update" ... when the only thing l can see that the updates do is fix bugs that we're using to run homebrew with... :S

Please share...

WiiBrew is always a good source for non pirate homebrew stuff:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_System_Updates

Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The whole point of updating is so that the newer wiiware and wii games will actually run (megaman 9 has some issues). Apparently it also increases the SD and disk access time.

Anyways, what does the trucha bug do exactly, and would I need it at all? All I do is play backups and wiiware games.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ga1l0w said:
The whole point of updating is so that the newer wiiware and wii games will actually run (megaman 9 has some issues). Apparently it also increases the SD and disk access time.

Anyways, what does the trucha bug do exactly, and would I need it at all? All I do is play backups and wiiware games.

You need the trucha bug in IOS files in order to run code from fake signed sources. If the IOS you use for backup launching has a backup dip but not the trucha bug for example, you are able to run 1:1 copies, but if you touch the .iso in any way, your loader won't load it, as it isn't signed correctly anymore. If your IOS249 has the trucha bug(it has), then all your backup launching is fine. About wads, well i don't know which IOS wiiware games use, but if this IOS doesn't have the trucha bug, you can't run pirated versions of it.

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
Ga1l0w said:

I see thank you for explaining it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4