Apple iOS iPhone 4 Downgrade without SHSH - Geekgrade Beta - ExtM

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
This thread just serves to show that Kyouhei's iPhone 4- which he only had SHSH blob 6.1.3 - can be downgraded to firmware iOS 4 - 6 without blobs. This applies to ALL A4 devices.
The difference here is the current GeekGrade firmware locks up the device after a period of time.
MkAZK0r.jpg

2r0RM4W.jpg
XVtJaVM.jpg

Kyouhei can verify the serial number. - here take a PM from when I was asking about the phone before buying it -
XQEOTue.png

bowser - you were interested.
Once I get the kinks worked out I will release my personal version of the firmware- with fixes and Cydia for iOS 4 and 6.1.3.

Reactions: bowser

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hello, were you able to finish this? Would love to upgrade to iOS 6 :)
Haven't worked on it. Been more working into a different field sadly. What phone/model?
There were a few quirks with using the modified firmware- most could be remedied though.

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
iPhone 4 on iOS 5. Factory unlocked.
Oh. Actually I was referring to CDMA/GSM and which revision. If you have no idea what I am talking about a quick google search will help you identify which iPhone 4 type you have.

Have you saved your iOS 5 blobs? Are you on 5.0? 5.0.1? 5.1? 5.1.1??

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Oh. Actually I was referring to CDMA/GSM and which revision. If you have no idea what I am talking about a quick google search will help you identify which iPhone 4 type you have.

Have you saved your iOS 5 blobs? Are you on 5.0? 5.0.1? 5.1? 5.1.1??
Oh oops :P

I have a 16GB iPhone 4 GSM (NOT rev A) on 5.0.1. I've got the blobs for 5.0.1 and some 5.x betas. No blobs for 6.x

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Oh oops :P

I have a 16GB iPhone 4 GSM (NOT rev A) on 5.0.1. I've got the blobs for 5.0.1 and some 5.x betas. No blobs for 6.x
Hey great news for you!
@beehindowngrade [twitter] has made progress and plans on enabling downgrading for all 32-bit devices to any iOS firmware without blobs!
I successfully used their beta 0.4 on my iPad 2 [only iPad 2 and iPhone 4S supported ATM] and was able to downgrade to 6.1.3 without blobs!!

Reactions: bowser
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It has been [0] days since the last mass shooting.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Biden apologizes again.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    My old work place had something like that there had been 60 days since the last injury and management would throw a pizza party if it made it to 120
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Did that ever happen?
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    About once a year
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    K3N1 Gonna eat taco for dinner :P
  • Halbour @ Halbour:
    how
    the hell can i post images without imgur in the status here...?
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    The 3 dots by the smiley face
  • Halbour @ Halbour:
    in the "recent status updates"... not h
    ere
  • Halbour @ Halbour:
    by previously saing "here" i meant this site
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Don't just post the link, don't post a link to a webp file, don't post an embed link, get the image URL and embed it using the IMG tags.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There, I fixed it for you.
  • Halbour @ Halbour:
    .... how do i do that...???
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Well either take the image URL, ending in .jpg or .png or an image file format, and use the "insert image" button and paste the image link there, or just copy and paste the picture into the status field and it will upload as an attachment and show up in your post.
  • Halbour @ Halbour:
    oh, i think i get it... thx
  • Priceiscool @ Priceiscool:
    So any thoughts on eshops closing?
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    20230327-165426.jpg
    pickle ranch
  • AsPika2219 @ AsPika2219:
    Snes9x version 1.62.2 was updated! https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/releases
  • TheZander @ TheZander:
    wtf are all these jerks who joined decades after i did have a higher gbatempt score than me? these newbie users all suck to.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: