IOS 55 downgrade - no wiimote connectivity

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by amdtelrunya, Jun 9, 2010.

Jun 9, 2010
  1. amdtelrunya
    OP

Newcomer amdtelrunya Newbie

New Zealand
    Hi, I've scoured the internet and can't seem to find the exact answer I'm looking for. I have an LU64+ Wii (PAL), with System Menu 4.2. When I turn my wii on it goes through the back screen to the system menu as it usually does (I have preloader 0.3 installed, and have this setting selected), but my wiimote doesn't connect, and I've tried resynching a number of times. The lights light up on the wiimote but no response. I only have bootmii installed as IOS but I do have a backup NAND. I'm able to access preloader by holding the reset and power buttons, but as my wiimote isn't working I can't select anything. I think the problem has come about because I installed an IOS55 wad, v5149 (don't ask me why, hindsight is a wonderful thing) with Wad Manager 1.6. So to summarise I basically have two problems:

1. Is there any way to navigate preloader, and subsequently the homebrew channel using only the buttons on the front of the Wii, or else do I need to get a gamecube controller? If I do, will any gamecube controller do or do I have to have an official nintendo one? I guess the best solution would be if the wiimote could resynch somehow without going to that hassle.

2. If I manage to get into the homebrew channel (probably with a GC controller if thats what I have to do), in order to fix this do I just uninstall the v5149 wad with Wad Manager (assuming I can use the GC controller there), or alternatively Dop-Mii? Will it then revert to the previous wad (which I assume was IOS55 v5406), or will I need to reinstall the latest IOS55 wad?

I know that my Wii being an LU64+ and trying to downgrade the IOS55 was a bad idea. Trust me, its not going to happen again. If there's any other information that I've left out please let me know. If there's an alternative solution to what I think might work above I'm all ears as well.

Many thanks

Just to add I also installed IOS249 v19 (changed from v17) a little while before installing the IOS55 wad if thats useful. I also have Wii Sports installed as a channel through loadstructor if thats any help, as I've seen it runs on IOS 55.

Edit: Its actually priiloader v0.4 (r78) I have installed.

2. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Removing ANY IOS below 200 is just asking for trouble.

I dont know how you navigate Priiloader without a Synced Wiimote.

But once you get it to go, use DOPMii to upgrade your ISO55. NEVER delete an offical IOS, just replace/update it.

I would have thought that as System Menu 4.2 requires IOS70, that would be all thats required to get your machine running.

Dont know why downgrading 55 should change basic operations.

Are you sure your Wiimotes just are not in Sync.

If you have more than one Wiimote, are they all out of sync?

Seems to me that your SM IOS (70) is farked. Did u play with it at all, try to Trucha Patch it and maybe stuffed up?

3. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    GC controller.

4. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    Or press Reset to boot the System menu once Priiloader has ran for 20 seconds or so, if you're on..0.3 or later, I believe it is.

5. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    He can already get to the SM, but can't use it since the wiimotes don't work.

He needs to go straight to HBC since he can't select it on the SM. Use a GC controller in priiloader to start HBC. HBC can be operated with a GC controller as well.

Other ideas:

* Unsync your remote then resync it: While in system menu, hold sync button on the wii for about a minute to unsync all remotes. After that, try to sync your remote again normally.
    * Remote batteries are dead. Wiimotes act strangely with dead batteries, if they work at all.
    * Bad remote. Try another one if you didn't already.
    * Does HOME work on the wiimote even though it otherwise does not function? If so, check the sensor bar.
    * Corrupt system menu.
    * Dying bluetooth module. Usually this causes a wii to act like it's fully bricked though.

6. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I don't see how IOS55 could have affected anything. It's not used by any System Menu. Unless it's got some shared module that got bugged up or something? I dunno.

7. amdtelrunya
    OP

Newcomer amdtelrunya Newbie

New Zealand
    Got it back up and running, tried various batteries, resynching, turning the console on and off and finally got it to work. Then I went back to my old IOS 55 and everything is fine. Cheers everybody!