Apple iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak [FULL GUIDE] [N00B FRIENDLY]

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Semi-noob here needing help. I can easily hack a Wii, PSP, and Xbox, but apple products give me a little trouble.

I plan to use this guide to jailbreak my friend's Iphone 4 GSM. After I jailbreak it, what further steps are needed?

1.) It needs to retain its full-usage of being a phone. (and battery life.) So will I need to do any of the SAM/Hactivation stuff or is all that outdated? (and apple's 'killswitch'?)

2.) Also, in the past, I would connect my jailbroken Ipod Touch 2G to itunes, and itunes would delete some of my apps I got through Cydia and various sources. How can you make it where Itunes (and any future updates to Itunes) won't delete (or further screw around with) any of the downloaded apps and features from jailbreaking?

3.) Lastly, his Iphone has a ton of music on it and contacts. What is the best way to back that up and put it back on a jailbroken Iphone?

If someone can assist me on these things it would be greatly appreciated.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@[member='blahkamehameha']:
1.If your friend is only interested in jailbreaking and his phone already has a a carrier contract and the SIM that goes with it, you don't have to worry about hacktivation and SAM. (battery life will be determined by the tweaks installed). Jailbreaking itself doesn't touch the baseband.
2. iTunes doesn't touch any of the apps installed though Cydia, it affects illegally obtained apps, which I can't really discuss :P
3. Jailbreaking doesn't touch music files, contacts, preferences, etc. But just in case something goes horribly wrong (shouldn't happen) and you have to restore, it would be better to create a backup through iTunes of his phone (preferably on the computer he syncs to) and to restore it when restoring the problematic phone.

Hope this helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already