iOS 4.1 Docking Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by PettingZoo, Sep 26, 2010.

Sep 26, 2010

iOS 4.1 Docking Issues by PettingZoo at 8:07 AM (1,739 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Title pretty much says it all, a few days ago I was bored and then decided to update my iPod Touch 2G (Non MC) to 4.1 and then rejailbreak it using redsn0w. Though now my iPod Touch no longer works with my dock. As in it will charge since it's a connector connected to power, but it will no longer play music from the docks its self as well as not working with the playlist buttons (I never use these anyway).

Anyway, it's a Logitech Pure-Fi anywhere dock:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Are there small driver updates released for things like docks that don't require firmware updating? Or should I just wait until 4.2/Downgrade to 4.0 or 3.1.3? (I never ran 4.0 so I don't know if it's compatible)

Also when did GBAtemp get an iDevices section?

2. $uPeRJjS&#0

Member $uPeRJjS&#0 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    It's a glitch. It happens to me rarely but it happend to me 3 times. All you do is just reset the device.

3. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Reset the device as in turn on/off my iPod because I've done that? Or reset the dock?

It doesn't seem to have one of those reset button thingo's so would taking out the power cable and battery do it?

4. $uPeRJjS&#0

Member $uPeRJjS&#0 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    haha well it happens to mine... and it fixes by reinserting it.... lol try restoring?

5. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    I'll probably restore it some time later since all I really use the dock for with music is at night sleeping which I can use my laptop + stereo speakers with.

6. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    This appears to be a bug with Mobile Substrate (used by WinterBoard, SBSettings, Infinidock, etc.) and iOS 4.1. The same thing happened to me, except I was using an iHome iP29.

7. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    that mobile thing is so buggy, the last time i installed a update from it my ipod touch bricked and i had to restore it! don't install that mobile substrate, stay away from them!