Hacking IOS 222,223,249

batttie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I wouldn't say I'm a pro, but I believe I'm far from newbie. I have a question regarding installing 222,223,249 IOS from wads using a MultiWad manager. Is it possible or is there something in the Installers that make them specific to each Wii. I've soft modded alot of wiis and each time I go thru the steps of using each indiviual installer several times to get the respected IOS files installed. Is there a faster more effecient way to do this? I was thinking of using Blue Alpha to put the IOS in to a wad that I could then use Wad Manager to install each one at the same time when I am installing channels and such. Advice, or anyone currently doing this? Or is the Intaller packages the only method?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try reading either of the 2 stickied guide, both of them do this. If you look at the Modify Any Wii topic, and email the email addy there. You can get links for a cios.zip pack which has just about every cios wad one could need
smile.gif

-Erik

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
batttie said:
Ok, so I wouldn't say I'm a pro, but I believe I'm far from newbie. I have a question regarding installing 222,223,249 IOS from wads using a MultiWad manager. Is it possible or is there something in the Installers that make them specific to each Wii. I've soft modded alot of wiis and each time I go thru the steps of using each indiviual installer several times to get the respected IOS files installed. Is there a faster more effecient way to do this? I was thinking of using Blue Alpha to put the IOS in to a wad that I could then use Wad Manager to install each one at the same time when I am installing channels and such. Advice, or anyone currently doing this? Or is the Intaller packages the only method?
I do that all the time. First I got to point out that whenever you decide to use a WAD over an installer, be sure that you know what the WAD really is. In other words only use WADs from a trusted source as it is difficult to tell what is really in them. That said, using BlueDump to make the WADs yourself after installing the cIOS is an excellent way of ensuring a trusted source - unless you have untrustworthy multiple personalities
wink.gif

To install the cIOS WADs, I like to use Multi-Mod Manager as it allows for batch WAD installations with the minimal amount of user interaction. This makes switching out cIOS revisions and bases for testing purposes quick and easy. In your case, this will be a huge time saver for modding Wii's, and no, you don't have to worry about the WADs being tied downed to a specific Wii. As of this post all cIOS are using universal/generic code.

One suggestion, if you do mod many Wii's I would suggest making several WAD collections using ModMii or NUSD and using them to mod each Wii. You should be able to cover all current types of Wii's with at least 3 sets of WADs and thus can just mod the Wii's by using a simple batch WAD install. Something to think about.

-[]D

batttie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for the input PPSainty, thats exactly what I was thinking. I would only use trusted wads, and being that installing wads incorrectly can brick a wii I've always been cautious when doing so. so making them myself would be the route I would take. I've kinda have a semi wad collection for if I upgrade a wii, but i only use wads for system upgrades and do a batch install, and for channel forwarders ect... but when it came to the cios I always used the installers. With christmas coming it seems more people are wanting there Wii's modded so I figure I'd try something a lil faster, something that would only take 10 mins or less. Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna go and start making my CIOS wads now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1