• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,075
  • Replies 6
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted User

OP

Stealth indie hit Invisible Inc. received a stealth release today on the Nintendo Eshop for $19.99.
Developed by Canadian indie studio Klei Entertainment, Invisible, Inc. first launched for PC, Mac, and Linux in May 2015.
A PlayStation 4 version was released in April 2016, followed by an iOS version in October 2016.
Tactical Espionage. Take control of Invisible's agents in the field and infiltrate the world's most dangerous corporations.
Stealth, precision, and teamwork are essential in high-stakes, high-profit missions, where every move may cost an agent their life.
Key Features:
-Character selection: Start with any of the 10 unlockable agents in the game, plus 8 agent variants, and 10 starting programs to crack corporate security.
-Deep customization of builds: each play through is different as you create your own strategy using agents, items, augments and programs, and adapt to your surroundings.
-Randomly generated world: locations, threats, and loot are randomly generated so each playthrough is vastly different and you’ll never get complacent.
-Choose your own game mode: with 5 different game modes and extensive custom generation options, each player can play the way they prefer.
-Includes the Contingency Plan DLC, which is an expansion that extends the campaign time and adds new rewards, agents, programs and danger to the base game of Invisible Inc.
:arrow:Source:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So a game that was given away 4 years ago on PS+ ( https://blog.playstation.com/archiv...sible-inc-stories-the-path-of-destinies-more/ ) is now $20 on the Switch?
Excuse me while I go giggle to myself.

Was not a bad game mind you, not going to join the ranks of the various top tier roguelike/roguelite titles but a really solid one with a nice bit of gameplay and aesthetic. Don't know if I would part with 20 of my hard earned though -- the replay was just not there for me.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a game that was given away 4 years ago on PS+ ( https://blog.playstation.com/archiv...sible-inc-stories-the-path-of-destinies-more/ ) is now $20 on the Switch?
Excuse me while I go giggle to myself.

Was not a bad game mind you, not going to join the ranks of the various top tier roguelike/roguelite titles but a really solid one with a nice bit of gameplay and aesthetic. Don't know if I would part with 20 of my hard earned though -- the replay was just not there for me.

Have you not heard of Rocket League?! You can't blame this kind of release model, you're a small studio trying to get your game out that you know is great but fear it will go completely overlooked and disappear before it ever had a chance to shine (happened for Rocket League's predecessor by the same studio), so for a limited time you release it for free under one of the services that allow you to do so, then when it gets more popular and more and more people want to play the game, you drop the free model, start charging and then start releasing on other systems.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you not heard of Rocket League?! You can't blame this kind of release model, you're a small studio trying to get your game out that you know is great but fear it will go completely overlooked and disappear before it ever had a chance to shine (happened for Rocket League's predecessor by the same studio), so for a limited time you release it for free under one of the services that allow you to do so, then when it gets more popular and more and more people want to play the game, you drop the free model, start charging and then start releasing on other systems.

That is a model, however this one appeared to follow the standard make a decent but not zeitgeist capturing game, make a your initial bit, maybe make a port, then release it onto the free/humble bundle/deal circuit.
I then find it amusing that all these years on (and despite it being on mobile phones and the like) that it is being charged a considerable amount for on the Switch.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a model, however this one appeared to follow the standard make a decent but not zeitgeist capturing game, make a your initial bit, maybe make a port, then release it onto the free/humble bundle/deal circuit.
I then find it amusing that all these years on (and despite it being on mobile phones and the like) that it is being charged a considerable amount for on the Switch.

Hmm, seems to follow the same Rocket League model to me. If you want to get it now on the PS4, you have to pay $20 there too, it's no longer free. Just like what happened with Rocket League: came out for free on PS+, caught on, stopped being free on the PS4, and then arrived to other systems. Not really sure what makes that outrageous here and totally reasonable there, but to each their own I suppose.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, seems to follow the same Rocket League model to me. If you want to get it now on the PS4, you have to pay $20 there too, it's no longer free. Just like what happened with Rocket League: came out for free on PS+, caught on, stopped being free on the PS4, and then arrived to other systems. Not really sure what makes that outrageous here and totally reasonable there, but to each their own I suppose.
I have no problem with people fleecing Switch owners or all they are worth. I just find it amusing that they even can... Switch has no games and all that.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem with people fleecing Switch owners or all they are worth. I just find it amusing that they even can... Switch has no games and all that.

But the game isn't free on PS4 anymore either. If you want to play the game today and don't already own it, you have to pay regardless on what you're playing it on, be it Switch, PS4 or otherwise. You're essentially complaining that a sale is no longer active.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf