Invalid Hash?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a question of why NSZ files show invalid hash in NXviewer, and why I also have issues installing them correctly with awoo. I can convert these NSZ to NSP, using SAK and then they show valid hash in NXviewer and install with no problems using awoo, after converting them. I don't mind having to do this, I was just wondering if I'm missing something. Thanks for any info!
NSZ.png
NSP.png

Last edited by BigOnYa,

grimson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, bumping this question because I was wandering the same thing. What does it mean when the signature is valid but the hash isn't. I think DBI regards Signature Invalid, Hash Valid a converted XCI to NSP when installing but trying to determine the status of Signature Valid, Hash Invalid like the screenshots.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, bumping this question because I was wandering the same thing. What does it mean when the signature is valid but the hash isn't. I think DBI regards Signature Invalid, Hash Valid a converted XCI to NSP when installing but trying to determine the status of Signature Valid, Hash Invalid like the screenshots.
Signature is the certificate which validate the executable file hash is the checksum for the whole package

So you can have a valid certificate for the executable inside a moded package so is the package was modded the hash will be invalid

A good installer takes care of the package modification and ignores hashes

Reactions: grimson and BigOnYa

grimson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Signature is the certificate which validate the executable file hash is the checksum for the whole package

So you can have a valid certificate for the executable inside a moded package so is the package was modded the hash will be invalid

A good installer takes care of the package modification and ignores hashes
Thanks! .. I settled on DBI and occasionally I see invalid signatures passing by mostly the likes a 'SIGNATURE: XCI➡NSP' so there's a comfort knowing it was a converted XCI to NSP.
Just like to weed out my collection to dedup and keep the 'best' dump possible.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As stated, it usually means it was converted from xci to nsp but there's a chance it could have also been tampered with in other ways. Personally just use nsps that pass both checks. Plenty of places have good/clean nsps that pass both. I always say why risk it when I can easily get a file that passes both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Hey boi, keep your nuts out of chat. Unless you want them to get roasted. :ninja: