Hacking Introducing LetterBomb: The NEW Gameless Wii Exploit!

karloz25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Letterbomb is here, and that means you no longer need a specific game to hack you Wii console. All you need now is a Wii on 4.3, and an internet connection

29577d1312937787t-introducing-letterbomb-new-gameless-wii-exploit-letterbomb_icon.png

QUOTE said:
Up until now the only way to liberate your Wii console and enable the use of homebrew with System Menu 4.3 was to use a gamedisc based exploit such as “BatHaxx”, “Return of the Jodi” and others.

Today we are announcing a project that changes this completely and removes the requirement for an exploitable game.

In memory of BannerBomb, we present you with LetterBomb , a brand new System Menu exploit that will allow you to enable homebrew with the push of an envelope (no stamp licking involved)

This exploit reuses (and abuses) some of some Nintendo’s Wii Messageboard functionality.

You will need:
?A Wii running System Menu 4.3 (E/U/J/K)
?A SD(HC) card with some free space
?Your Wii’s WiFi MAC Address (available from your Wii’s system settings). This is needed because the Wii will only accept messages addressed to its specific MAC address.
?A few minutes of your time

For this very special occasion we have created an easy-peasy webpage that takes away some of the pain that is usually involved with getting homebrew onto your system:

LetterBomb

This webpage will ask you for some necessary information (such as your System Menu region and MAC address), and will then return a nicely packaged ZIP file that is ready for extraction to the root of your SD card. Simple eh?

All that is missing from that point is a boot.elf/boot.dol file (that you will need to place in the root of your card), and you should be good to go. For your convenience we have an option to prepackage and bundle the HackMii Installer boot.elf (this is enabled by default).

So, how do I do this?

Simple…. once you’ve unzipped the file to your SD card (and inserted it) just navigate to the “messageboard” on your Wii and in the default view you should browse to “yesterday” (the place where you usually see yesterday’s messages) – sometimes this may be “today” or “two days ago” (this depends on the timezone you are in).

From this view you will be presented with a small envelope (that should obviously stand out against the rest of your plain old boring ones), click it, kick back, twiddle your thumbs (the Brits among you, go and make a cup of tea) cross your fingers and hope it worked.

DISCLAIMER: We are aware of a similar exploit by giantpune (good work!), but as of today this has not been released. In anticipation of its release we decided to reverse engineer, hack and implement something ourselves.
Source: Introducing: LetterBomb (the letter from heaven)

hvckz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think so....

there's no need for tutorials.
just use brain.exe
(mostly in region selecting (there goes the problem when the noobs says " it hangs when i press the mail icon"))

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Works like a charm!

Would be nice to have a "stand alone app "to make the nessicary files. Instead of the Webpage....

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Don't see the need for that, you would still need access to internet to download a "standalone app" and it's actually faster to get all the necessary files through that webpage.

Also this way they have more control on distribution of their work and avoid "SoftMod Your Wii Ze Ultimatz Solution" package craps.
Kinda neat side effect that this hack is specific to eachWii.

Indentity

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dunno if i'm happy this is released or kinda bummed out for pune since they stole his thunder.

but either way great news for the scene

works a treat on my heavily heavily modded launch Wii

i used MMM to return all my IOS's to stock except obviously one cIOS i was running the app on and i also completely removed the HBC. Started from scratch basically and worked a treat.

i also love the fact that this file has to be individually generated, stops all this nonsense about HackPacks etc, if only this was held back for a new firmware update so it was the only option out there for 5.0 or whatever we get landed with if we ever do. Because the thieving robbing Warez sites will continue to bundle the other exploits in there "UNL0CK UR WIIIZZ " packs...

but hey my 2 cents over....great news for the scene once again.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
W hat said:
This is twice that Twiizers has stolen Pune's thunder. :\

What was the other time?

Jabba the Haxx

a.k.a.

Return of the Jodi

I thought punes name for the exploit was much better. I'm pretty sure that he eventually released it, even though Twiizers released their version first.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pikachu945 said:
can I format system memory and this will be gone?
after I put it on my wii 4.3U

just rename the "private" folder or delete it the from your sd card, and it will disappear.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried it myself (both of my Wiis are already hacked), but it's nice to see a gameless solution for 4.3
smile.gif

I agree with Hielkenator that a standalone would be nice. I've modded a few wiis in places where a network connection does not exist.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still on Wii 3.2u and homebrew and backup games and WD hard drive.. Everything works perfectly fine. if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    +1
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about... +1