Intro Vid Competition

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Can we do an outro too? Kinda like how Zero Punctuation has both an intro and outro.
So yeah, I'll probably enter. Dunno how good it'll be though, hopefully the combination of Flash, iMovie and Guitar/songwriting skills should help
wink.gif

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my entry, made it short because you don't want to add a lot of time into your video's since long video's are boring lol. Be sure to watch it in 720p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1pvdmVbIMM

Tiny, if you like it or have some other thoughts or idea's of what I should add to it just shoot me a PM and I can make revisions and add other things that you might have in mind.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can I comment ? (I know it's not for me to decide, just commenting)
really short, and difficult to read "TinyReviews", because it's always turning and too fast.
Maybe you can pause a little at the beginning, so we can read it, then start the rotation.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EpicPie said:
Here's my entry, made it short because you don't want to add a lot of time into your video's since long video's are boring lol. Be sure to watch it in 720p

Tiny, if you like it or have some other thoughts or idea's of what I should add to it just shoot me a PM and I can make revisions and add other things that you might have in mind.

Oh dammit, yours is pretty good
frown.gif

I guess I'll have to try extra hard
tongue.gif

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
EpicPie said:

Interesting, but you can't really see what's written, since it spins so fast and colorful.

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
Can I comment ? (I know it's not for me to decide, just commenting)
really short, and difficult to read "TinyReviews", because it's always turning and too fast.
Maybe you can pause a little at the beginning, so we can read it, then start the rotation.
I kinda realized that so im thinking about making a revision and slowing down the turning a bit.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waffle1995 said:
how many different videos can we submit.
im pretty good at making intro but barely have time these day
Mmm good question! I want to make it fair so I'm going to say one entry per person. But I'm going to let people post up as many as they want before the deadline (but if there's more than one entry when the deadline hits, I'm only going to take their first entry) so that they can get other's (and mine) opinions and be able to revise/choose. I'll give anyone suggestions if they ask.

heavyknight said:
Questions - Personal taste in BGM? (From Anime-related to Sonic's vocals to just about anything, included) Just curious~
Submission question, can one entry be entered as one but contain multiples? Need a little clarification.
IE -
[15 Seconds/Intro 1] -> [15~30 Seconds/Intro 2] -> [Intro 3] -> 4 -> So on. Also, one entry only or a maximum number?

I'm a bit of a resourcer but lack skills/haven't really tried anything. This seems like it'll be fun.
I'm just guessing that BGM = Books Games Music (because I'm a noob and don't know anything and too lazy to look up haha). Well, for music, maybe something with a strong beat? I like hip hop/rap music haha but I mean, if the music has a nice beat, I'll probably like it! Games? I really do like all genres and sometimes I forget to play games with the sound, so I'm drawing a blank right now :< I think it would be cool if the intro had iconic game sounds (i.e. Phoenix Wright's "Objection!" or the sound Mario or Kirby or any other famous game characters make or any other sounds you can think of). BUT I'm not saying that I will like every entry with this in it. And I wouldn't want everyone's entry to have this. This is just a suggestion! WAIT. I don't know if iconic sounds are copyrighted. Probably huh. :T

As for the entry rules, as stated above, I will only accept submit 1 intro video idea but you can feel free to send me the 4 to pick the one I like best before the deadline!

Gnargle said:
Hi,
Can we do an outro too? Kinda like how Zero Punctuation has both an intro and outro.
So yeah, I'll probably enter. Dunno how good it'll be though, hopefully the combination of Flash, iMovie and Guitar/songwriting skills should help
wink.gif
Sure! But I mean, you have to have an intro as well.

QUOTE(Dter ic @ Jul 4 2010, 12:14 PM)
so "no copyrighted music" means no music from video games?
mellow.gif
ERM. I'm not sure. I'll have to look this one up! I'd stay away from unoriginal music for now!

Asch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Tiny, BGM means (As far as I know) Background music and I think that's what he's referring to.

BTW, the video can be an animation? the only "not to" is using copyrighted music (that means every comercial song you listen to normally or that's protected by the Common Creative Rights) and we have to put "Tiny Reviews" in text, right

EDIT:
Nutella beat me to it XD

(just got up and I love that thing)

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Dter ic said:
so "no copyrighted music" means no music from video games?
mellow.gif

QUOTE said:
ERM. I'm not sure. I'll have to look this one up! I'd stay away from unoriginal music for now!
No video game music. At all. You either make your own, or borrow music under an open source or Creative Commons license.

QUOTE(gigsniper @ Jul 6 2010, 08:59 PM)
Heres my intro hope you like. Created it because I felt like it aha. It wasn't hard at all.
I like it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv