Intialize USB device with Dual Layer games

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by GamerzHell9137, Sep 6, 2014.

1. GamerzHell9137
    OP

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Idk what's wrong but every time i want to load Dual Layer games on the Wii it stucks on the Intialize USb device screen after which comes Waiting for HDD: -XX sec and then comes USb device not found.

Configurable USB Loader and other USB loaders do the same.

The USB is in the correct port (Right port, next to the rubber corner thingy) and i have tried the game on FAT32 and WBFS Partition and both give the same effect.

WBFS Manager says that everything's fine with the USB and game

[​IMG]

Just to say that's not just brawl, other Dual Layer games like Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy have the same problem.

Here's the syscheck if needed
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    1. Throw WBFS Manager out the window immediately
    2. Download Wii Backup Manager
    3. Format the drive to FAT32 and never use WBFS again
    4. Use Wii Backup Manager to transfer the image - it will be split by the manager automatically
    5. Remove the config files from your USB loader settings, let it create its own new default config file, select the new FAT32 partition
    6. If you haven't already, install the latest cIOS d2x and Hermes versions - your SysCheck report doesn't encompass them
    7. Enjoy

3. GamerzHell9137
    OP

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

1-3 done.
    4 is working.
    5 i just formated a SD card and installed USB Loader GX and Confg USB Loader anew, not sure about the creating config file and choosing FAT32. I just pop in the stick and run the games.
    6 I'm not sure, any way to check? Is it fine to reinstall it over it?
    That's it? https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/list (d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii.zip)(It says vWii, its for Wii U?) and where do i get the hermes versions?

EDIT: Ok, this is stupid.
    It works now.
    I just need to format the USB until the Wii recognizes it, but why does it do that?
    Again, its only for Dual Layer games.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Obviously that's for vWii - you want the one without the vWii suffix. Either way, you'll want the latest d2x (final v8 will do unless you want to fool around with the betas) and Hermes installed and you'll want to use FAT32 exclusively from now on - WBFS has gone out of favour years ago and is no longer recommended aside from a group of hardcore diehards. As for your USB stick, it probably just has a funky mount sequence.

cIOS d2x v8 Final: https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/detail?name=d2x-v8-final.zip&can=2&q=
    Hermes v5.1 Installer: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9681