Homebrew Internet???

MZ476

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this may or may not sound stupid but is there an internet rom or somthing for ds and if so what would i need to do to get it and how does it work???

Thanks ^-^

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is a homebrew web-browser called Bunjalloo
As well there is an official browser made, but you need a slot-2 card like 3in1 or the opera ram stick to make it work, but if you have the opera stick, you more than likely own the card itself.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To surf the web on "Nintendo DS Browser". To run this you will need to purchase an "expansion pack".

If you do not want to purchase an expansion pack, you can run "Bunjalloo".

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
SuperMarioMaster91 said:
Besides the official DS Browser, (which you need a Slot-2 device for) there's one that's called, "DS Hobro" or something like that...
DS Hobro isn't that good. I would suggest using Bunjalloo

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
erm...
you don't need a flashcart to use the DSi Browser.

The thing came preinstalled on my DSi and is more of an abortion then an actual web browser.
As long as there is no support for MM Flash i see no reason why i should try to browse the web on a console with little to no memory.

Any DSi these days comes with web-browser. But even mundane things such as reading a wikipedia page with images turned off is just plain bothersome.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so he can't just download the DS Browser through the Nintendo store?

ah, what do i know, i never owned a DS, only a DSi.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IIRC, they don't come with the web browser, you need to download it off the DSi Shop.

It's a damn good browser for such a console.

Also, you will need to have a WEP-enabled wireless router.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
or, you know, no encryption at all, and assign a MAC filter. That is the best way to go imho. Your router automatically disregards any packets coming from unknown mac addresses, this is better then any encryption (which can be circumvented)
No compatibility problems.

The DSi Browser would be a whole lot better if it supported flash and extended memory. Every time i browse the web on the DSi i nearly want to throw the thing against the wall.
If you have to extract information from the internet, yes, you can accomplish that with the browser. But comfortably browse the internet? Nope, at least, i can't.

But then again, i never bought the DSi for that reason. I want to play games on it, and maybe some AAC's. For the rest, the console is just not equipped enough to be fair.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
MAC addresses can be sniffed, and IIRC if somebody spoofing your MAC address connects, your router will kick you off (may depend on router model/firmware).

The DSi doesn't support flash because it's weak-ass slow shit.
The DSi's browser already uses all it's memory, and there's no slot-2 FOR an expansion.

People, please, if you don't know what you're talking about don't post.
I'm getting tired of making so many corrections in one thread.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, nonetheless it would be nice if it did support flash and extended memory.
But like you stated, it doesn't, therefore, it's not a good solution for browsing the internet.
I am entitled to have my own opinion, am i not?

And for someone to spoof my mac address... they have to have the address first. For that, they have to utilize air sniffer programs using compatible WiFi cards. And if someone wants to go through that effort to tap into my connection, chances are, no security is going to stop them.

A good MAC filter set up makes your router invisible and nonexistent with exception to the entries in the MAC table.

PS: My neighbours WPA2 password is the street name... now that's security
biggrin.gif
. if they put a mac filter in place, i wouldn't even be able to see their router. Maybe i should make some suggestions to them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good I see no harm done