Internet Forums: Where everyone's a professional everything

Trulen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the past few months (ever since Geohot was under fire), I've noticed a startling trend.

Internet gaming forum users (mostly the game sites I've been to, but I wouldn't put it past others) have no idea what they're talking about. Ever.
Okay, so maybe the "ever" part is a little bit absolute, but it happens often enough to not doubt it.

Gamers on Internet Forums are not:

Lawyers: Oh good lawd. When the Geohot case was on I must have heard over 100 newly made up laws. And when Sony took various legal actions, there were debates whether or not it was legal. I saw a lot of "Teh corruptz! $ony briiiibez!" and whatnot.
It's like everyone (I'll use a blanket-statement. It's easier that way.) learned law practice off the back of a Captain Crunch box.

Business folk: I've seen so many off the wall proposals on how X company is going to fail because Y incident happened. And how that company can get back on its feet.
Microsoft hire Geohot to hack the PS3?
Really?
Really?
Really?

Philanthrops: Internet forums are full of just mean people.
"Send to Geohot to jail so he can be buttraped forever."
"Drag the case out so Geohot doesn't have any money left!"
"It serves Sony right! Down with Sony! I hope they fail!"
"I really hope Justin Beiber dies" (Not video game related, but darnit all I've seen this in more places than I care to count)

Network Administrators: No one knows how a network works around here.
It seems that typing 192.168.1.1 is the extent anyone has ever had in regards to networks.

Now, this is the part where I say I'm graduation college in a few months from my school's College of Business with a Computer Information Systems degree and how that qualifies me an expert on this stuff (due to having many business classes, including business law, as well as computer and network classes).
But that's pretty much wrong. I can't tell you much insight on this as I don't know anything terribly advanced (companies send you to training for that stuff.) I'm still rage-facing that I'm spending so much time in school so I can learn the basics, but the more time I spend here, I realize why.

I have no clue what's the right answer, but the basics let me figure out who has no earthly clue.
Those who have a good clue, I cant tell.

Once again, I used a lot, LOT of blanket statements. I know there's some of you out there that actually have a clue what you're talking about, but you're drowned out by those who only think they have a clue.

And don't even get me started on when folks on the internet forum have a "debate."
Oh... Ohgod. Let me just hit Post New Topic before I begin my rant.

TL;DR: You guys (blanket statement) are dumb.
But don't worry, so am I.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have you know, I can set up a wireless network from the next room on the toilet. That's also without missing. As for your rant, yes. I completely agree.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really hope Justin Bieber dies.

/thread

ph34r.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t280037-super-awesome-guide-to-forums
QUOTE said:
Tips
You are a lawyer, doctor, radiologist, astronaut, AND geophysicist!
Feel free to give your input on anything and everything. Even if you have no idea what you're talking about, it's fine. Actually, it's better for you to comment on something you know nothing about, because then you're not weighted down by stupid things like "laws" and "reality" when typing up a post to impress people!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021