Gaming Internet Browser impressions

D

Deleted_171835

RedJiggly said:
Something I put together today: TabbedBrowsing on the 3ds.

Its far from finished but it works great! Right now I'm typing this while reading manga and chatting... on the 3DS
biggrin.gif
That's pretty awesome.

I'll be sure to add that to my bookmarks although I suppose there would be some slowdown when running multiple tabs. I should make a 3DS-friendly version of my site.

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
SoulSnatcher said:
RedJiggly said:

Its far from finished but it works great! Right now I'm typing this while reading manga and chatting... on the 3DS
biggrin.gif
That's pretty awesome.

I'll be sure to add that to my bookmarks although I suppose there would be some slowdown when running multiple tabs. I should make a 3DS-friendly version of my site.
nice ,ill give this page a try it seams awesome
smile.gif

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay here's some updates on my 3DS website and it's got a shorter url now: LINK

Suggestions and comments would be great!

Should I make a new topic for this?

D

Deleted_171835

tajio said:
The site looks great.
Do you mind if I use the source code to make a modified version of the site for personal use?
It's not going to be distributed elsewhere. Only used to display sites that I visit on a daily basis and to serve as a quick portal on my 3DS.

Also, you can't link to the site until you remove the MangaFox link. Contains copyrighted content.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
RedJiggly said:

biggrin.gif
Cool man!
biggrin.gif

They had this for the Wii too, but it doesn't work on the 3DS.

Hopefully this one does.
tongue.gif

Discover

Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS's browser is the same as the DSi's no?
It would be wonderful to see YouTube videos in 3D.. Jus' Saying!

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried to use the browser to check something in the Samurai Warriors Chronicles FAQ while I was playing the game, but I discovered that there's no way of searching for text within a page. Makes it very hard to find what you want in long FAQs
frown.gif

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
tajio said:
The site looks great.
Do you mind if I use the source code to make a modified version of the site for personal use?
It's not going to be distributed elsewhere. Only used to display sites that I visit on a daily basis and to serve as a quick portal on my 3DS.

Also, you can't link to the site until you remove the MangaFox link. Contains copyrighted content.

Um sure, just make sure to give me some sort of credit if you distribute your link. And PM me the link once your done
smile.gif

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SoulSnatcher said:
RedJiggly said:

biggrin.gif

That's pretty awesome.

I haven't seen the system really slow pages down yet. It is designed to be simple and lightweight, so it shouldn't fill the Browser Memory too much. Of course, when visiting a very heavy page, the other pages you are seeing will be slow as well.

QUOTE(tajio @ Jun 10 2011, 12:04 AM)

Suggestions and comments would be great!

Should I make a new topic for this?
Somehow I'm unable to see your link. I get a page saying that your site is 'under admin review'. However, the earlier version of your page I did see, and that one was quite nice. I'm using that one as the homepage of the 3DS Tabbed Browsing right now.

I also created two new features: Favicons now work, and there are some quick links you can easily open no matter what page you are looking at, with things like Wikipedia, a basic IRC client, Gamefaqs and the 3D porch.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
nl255 said:
Presto99 said:
I'm using the 3DS browser to type this...it's actually way faster than I thought it would be! I hope they make stuff like a youtube app...and the ability to view 3D images in the browser is pretty neat. What's this "canvas" thing you guys speak of?

Part of html5, a new(ish) html/javascript standard that lets you do some of the same stuff that Flash lets you do but without plugins. Yes, that includes browser based games.
any 3ds-compatible links you got there?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendoom said:
nl255 said:
Presto99 said:
I'm using the 3DS browser to type this...it's actually way faster than I thought it would be! I hope they make stuff like a youtube app...and the ability to view 3D images in the browser is pretty neat. What's this "canvas" thing you guys speak of?

Part of html5, a new(ish) html/javascript standard that lets you do some of the same stuff that Flash lets you do but without plugins. Yes, that includes browser based games.
any 3ds-compatible links you got there?

Check this thread out: http://gbatemp.net/t296467-canvas-element-discussion

I didn't find much of the stuff too compelling, but it's an interesting start, I guess.

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The original URL is off because of some problems with my FTP However, I created a account on a free hosting service, and I also used dot.tk so you can go there without having to type a mouth full of words.

http://3dstabs.tk

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Folks may also want to run a search for 3DSPaint. It's a nicely formatted site for the 3DS, with some cool pics to check out in 3D.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im loving it.All I use it for is GBAtemp, Goal, Hotmail and eBuddy.All work great.Btw I remember there was a commercial of the eShop showing some Social Networking blog kinda thing with Miis.How do I go about that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?