I own this desert, bitches!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
So my Internet was acting up in last December, it was very strange. It just wouldnt work at all and show very weird speeds on speedtest.net (cable connection). Now its starting again, no new modem or new internet package, but the speeds are damn weird. Also I noticed that there is quite a bit of packet loss.. But what the hell is the cause of this? We are paying for 8mb/1mb a month, normally we get around 6 mb/s. But now it sometimes shows below 1mb/s or sometimes it shows around 10-15 mb/s. The modem is in my dads room, a few meters away, and it is cabled to our Wireless modem, and the line goes from the wireless modem to the laptop. The line itself is in good shape. But this is getting really frustrating, I cant do anything on computer.. Also my ping has risen by a noticeable amount..

If anyone has any idea for this, please share need! I'm desperate and I need help badly!

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to get the cable company out to test the things outside like the lines and any type of splitters or amps they might of installed. And ask them, when on the phone, to bring out their newest modem to switch yours out. I have my cable company come out about once every 1 to 1.5 years, cause the equipment outside goes bad ( there is a splitter for the cable modem and 4 tv hookups in the house) and I usually have them replace my modem too, and a couple times it was a new model. I live in florida, home of many lightening storms, so I need to have the outside equip checked sometimes. Of course I protect my inside stuff with UPS's but thats not the subject of talk here. So it would be good to have them come out and check their equipment.

Theraima

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Also I forgot to say that on my dads computer, everything runs just fine without having to wait for videos to load etc. Also I dont think it is ISP's fault since the internet works well on my dads computer but not on my laptop..

Help is needed!

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dad's comp is plugged into the router, and you are using wireless capabilities with your laptop?

Try plugging your laptop into the router when having problems, disable the wireless connection on the laptop, and see if you still have problems when using a wired connection.

If you still have problems, and dad's comp is fine: it's your laptop.

If it clears up: it's the router or your wireless. So borrow another laptop or borrow a different wireless adapter.

If the other device/wireless adapter works fine while yours is bad: it's your laptop

If the other device has a problem also: It's interference or your wireless router is dying. You can now either try a reboot of the router (can fix things) or borrow another router and try that out.

If the different router also has problems: It's interference from some other electronics.

Theraima

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
@moose3 The cable goes from my dads computer --> router --> laptop.

@Blake1710 I changed the DNS a few hours ago, it worked fine, now its acting up again..

Also my wireless internet has been also acting up, now that I think of it I cant play Goldeneye 007 properly cause of fucking big lag..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM