1. mattytrog

OP mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

United Kingdom
    Send it into clinic if you like!

2. Prime420

Prime420 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @xstre pwnsx

You could check continuity from the ribbon cable latch to the contacts at the joycon rail.

Solder like me. It works, trust me ;)

You could solder on a alternative vol + solderpad. On the backside of switch maiboard you have testpadcluster G, G4 is testpad for vol +. Solder there.

Switch_Frontside_new.jpg
    Switch_Backside_new.jpg

3. sourpickel

sourpickel Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread but can this firmware be used with an external trinket m0 install? If so is there a writeup on how?

4. jeb101

jeb101 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I have a similar issue, and ripped out a pad by accident, the one after the ribbon connector, so I guess the "distination" trace. Technically I could just bring a wire from that pad / ribbon to the backside G4 correct?

5. Prime420

Prime420 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @jeb101

Please show us a picture. :)
    You can try it or your can check continuity from your broken trace to testpad G4.
    Disconnect the battery before you measure.

6. jeb101

jeb101 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Finally got a decent picture of the affected area. As you can see with the arrow, the pad is gone. I added a jumper from pin 3 in the header, which from what I can tell is the Vol +, down to the "G4" Vol+ test pad. For some reason though, the volume goes down when pressing +.
    [​IMG]

Edit: After looking closely at this picture, It doesn't seem like pin and wire are touching after all, needs to be thin to not affect the socket, if I can't get a good connection, I may try going off the pad again, but with a 36awg. I just rather not solder onto such small pads with the equipment I have, but will if need be.

Last edited by jeb101, Mar 17, 2019
  7. Prime420

Prime420 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @jeb101

You can solder from vol + button to testpad G4, it should work and is easyier. But i don't know if you need the killed resistor (i measured my, it's 150 Ohm) between your lifted pad and the other one. Do you have a voltmeter?

Vol - is testpad E1, i think.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@sourpickel

I can't post links, so you must search. Look at thread page 4. :D

Last edited by Prime420, Mar 17, 2019
  8. living

living Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    I get these screens (hekate) to appear but it does not load anything
    in the micro sd I have this:

[atmosfere]
    [Nintendo]
    [sept]
    hbmenu.nro

What escapes me?
    thanks

Attached Files:

9. smasha

smasha Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Looks to me you didn't clip in the sd card slot back in properly? No SD card is detected in the switch.

Also you're missing the hekate sleep mode libraries (or could be because your SD card slot is not clipped in properly as well):
    https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

Grab the latest release, and make sure you have the file libsys_lp0.bso in your /bootloader/sys/ directory on your SD card.

t-bot likes this.
  10. xstre pwnsx

xstre pwnsx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The component in the light green box is missing, I have no clue how it came off, I just noticed it is gone. Any clue what this is, and how I could get a replacement? upload_2019-3-19_11-3-19.png

11. Prime420

Prime420 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @xstre pwnsx
    I think you need a replacement mainboard or a broken one where you can desolder the chip.
    You should look at Aliexpress.com for a replacement chip or buy a broken switch.

12. Sparacis

Sparacis Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Installed the dual strap trinket M0 with the USB disconnect strap in two switches and everything is working perfectly in terms of booting and pushing hekate. However I have 2 weird quirks in behavior that I am not sure if its normal.

1) I can not get into the switchboot flash loader when double pressing the reset button when booting CFW. The trinket M0 changes to a solid Red Led and a flashing red LED but when I plug into a computer nothing is recognized. In order to pull up the folder I need to double press the reset button in Hekate which puts it into the two red light mode, boot into CFW and then it will change to one solid red and a solid green and then the switchboot drive will pull up. Is this normal?

2) When plugging in a charger(no usb data) and the switch is off it autoboots to RCM and stays there while charging until I unplug and then it pushes payload to hekate. Is there any way to avoid this and keep it off completely just while charging? Or is that just the normal behavior?

I REALLY appreciate all your time on this excellent work!

13. mattytrog

United Kingdom
    From another post...

Q - I cannot access SWITCHBOOT drive like I used to. Help!

A - Yep. Known problem. Just get to Switchboot Part 2 menu, double-press RESET so red LED is breathing, plug in USB cable, and boot something (cfw / ofw). SWITCHBOOT will pop up.

Q - But my Emmc is missing / corrupt! How can I boot anything at all?

A - Easy. Just put Sept-primary and sept-secondary in SD root... Double-press RESET, connect USB. Then boot sept from payload menu (SD root). Done.

14. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    @mattytrog any con to buying an RCM X86 modchip over the Trinket m0? and any issue with having the chip right under where the battery is?

15. mattytrog

United Kingdom
    No. The only major issue is a lack of LED and a proper switch.

If you just want to use my "Fusee-UF2" (elsewhere), it will be fine. If you want to play and experiment, maybe the Trinket M0 offers more toys.

However, the RCMX86 is very compact and easy to fit.

16. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Thanks for the information.

17. RetroDude

RetroDude Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    hello guys i buyed an modded switch with trinket, everything is running fine. but i dont understand the wirering, it looks not like the desciption here on website. on the left side the 3V ist not connected? and on right side 4 points? is ist right this way?
    i add a picture of the installed chip. i have only this picture, the seller sent it to me.

sorry for my english i hope everbody can understand me

Attached Files:

Last edited by RetroDude, Apr 4, 2019
  18. mattytrog

United Kingdom
    3v or 5v point is fine.

Just hope its not permanently powered as there is no need for it to be.

19. RetroDude

RetroDude Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    so its okay that the 5v is used? the seller tell me the chip its not permanent on. if i shut off my switch after 10 seconds a light is flahing and the chip is off. after that i can press on the chip and nothing happends as far the sitch is off.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

my other switch that i buy from the same seller is look this this:

Attached Files:

20. Omegapsy

Omegapsy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are there any trusted installers for these chips? I really want to hard mod mine but hands are too shaky

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ItsyBitsy, Internal, (Trinket