Hacking internal hardware hacking vs flashcard

ravippe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading that many people are actually worried about using a flashcart and the ds system updating later on at some point.
This will report the games like ( fish tycoon) was played for 500 hours to nintendo and supposedly brick your system because they know that your using a supercard ds two for example.

We can go on and on here about that,

but i was looking at those pictures of the take apart of the 3ds and did you notice in the pictures that with the proper screws you just need to remove
the back panel off the the 3ds? its as easy as changing batterys on your remote!

the point is you can just disconnect the antenna from the wireless card, without having to remove the card itself so that the system cant be detected by wi fi services.

of course it would render online services out of the question, but it would secure you from any updates that ninendo puts out.

i looked at the pictures posted a few links below this one and it looks easy enough to detach the antenna

even better, maybe a new type of mini pci -e card could be used to replace the wireless card kinda like a mod chip to prevent any future crap nintendo might put out.

Hardware before software i always say!

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flaw in your argument is that unless Nintendo can somehow identify differences between Fishing Tycoon and the "cloaking" of DS flashcards, Nintendo can't properly ban one based on usage.

Your argument about being able to avoid updates is a bit out of the question too, as Nintendo has said themselves games will also feature firmware updates on them.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The 3DS would still have a wireless range.
And antenna just gives the signal strength.
You'd still have a connection within a few feet of a router.

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love that people are still entertaining this idea of the "remote brick" that Nintendo supposedly is doing, to the point that we are posting theories and suggested loopholes to get around it. Personally, if we suspend disbelief for a moment long enough to consider that taking apart my 3DS is the most viable option to block Nintendo from killing my machine, why on earth am I even bothering to deal with this company anymore? If Nintendo was actually up to such shenanigans to the point that I need to do back alley surgery just to keep playing my roms, I would rather dump my money into a decent PC and wait for the emulators to be up to snuff.

But again, and I can't stress this enough: Nintendo isn't going to be remote bricking your console. Users are the symptom, not the virus. If anything, expect them to go after the manufacturers if someone successfully gets a 3DS mode flash card going. Even then, they're not going to blame you. Sure, they're pissed you bought a crappy piracy card in lieu of their games, but you're not the one making it possible.

Also, I'll be the first to report if Nintendo is looking at the log and remote killing your 3DS, because I tried about 4 different cards when I got mine, and they're all in my log, before I even put in my copy of Street Fighter. And if they do that, I'll be flying down to Kyoto to throw it at the Nintendo HQ in person.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
tyrran said:
I love that people are still entertaining this idea of the "remote brick" that Nintendo supposedly is doing, to the point that we are posting theories and suggested loopholes to get around it. Personally, if we suspend disbelief for a moment long enough to consider that taking apart my 3DS is the most viable option to block Nintendo from killing my machine, why on earth am I even bothering to deal with this company anymore? If Nintendo was actually up to such shenanigans to the point that I need to do back alley surgery just to keep playing my roms, I would rather dump my money into a decent PC and wait for the emulators to be up to snuff.

But again, and I can't stress this enough: Nintendo isn't going to be remote bricking your console. Users are the symptom, not the virus. If anything, expect them to go after the manufacturers if someone successfully gets a 3DS mode flash card going. Even then, they're not going to blame you. Sure, they're pissed you bought a crappy piracy card in lieu of their games, but you're not the one making it possible.

Also, I'll be the first to report if Nintendo is looking at the log and remote killing your 3DS, because I tried about 4 different cards when I got mine, and they're all in my log, before I even put in my copy of Street Fighter. And if they do that, I'll be flying down to Kyoto to throw it at the Nintendo HQ in person.

This.

I could understand them maybe blocking online play (though even this i doubt) but not even Sony is stupid enough to do remote bricking, never mind Nintendo.

deakster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is so stupid.

Even if they were allowed to brick systems remotely, the fact that there is 500 hours of Fish Tycoon played IS NOT EVIDENCE of flashcard. Sure, it is extremely likely, but it is not enough, it would not hold in a court of law.

It would only take one person to play Fish Tycoon a shit loads and gather proof (record it), and the entire argument is flawed.

But anyway, they can not brick systems remotely anyway even if it is 100%, let alone on a hunch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Dont forget your meds. +1