Interesting freeze (thought it was a brick)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OSW, Dec 28, 2008.

Dec 28, 2008
  1. OSW
    OP

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    So I loaded up a backup of link's crossbow training (PAL, scrubbed) to test it out on gamma.

I made a profile and went to practice, starting level 1.

The level is taking a long time to load... I figured it must be a freeze, so i press some buttons on the wii. When i press the home button, the usual Home button sound is heard, but the screen remains frozen. I waited a few minutes before powering off the wii and the screen goes blank.

Then i power on the wii. Guess what, the first thing that appears is the same frozen screen... and no sound system menu sound so it didnt seem to be running.
    I was a little worried so i ejected the disc and booted again, to the same result.
    Next I pulled the power plug out, waited a few moments and then plugged it back in, and started the Wii. guess what, the same screen appears.

At this point i was quite freaked, but i had never heard of such a brick before and failed to see how it would be possible.
    One more reboot and i mashed a few buttons, fortunately the screen spontaneously changed back to the warning screen and the system menu loaded.

So does anyone know what happened?

2. dnmn8r

Member dnmn8r GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    wow....wtf...
    Does that mean that the game was being stored on something other then ram (RAM woul've been cleared on unplugging the wii, right?)

3. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] Hmm...Well, I don't know.

4. Adr990

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
    Wow... Cool >.<

You sure didn't play the original game of it on your wii right?
    And Nintendo updated your wii to 5.8 [​IMG] so they can brick/ban your wii but... you had luck you life in 2008 December or else, you would be banned...

(What ever...)

5. Quincy

Member Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Netherlands
    i had the same problem thts freaky tho....i had a bad sysmenu update tht caused it...:S

6. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    OSW, you must have shit yourself hehe, nope iv'e only had the jump into recovery mode a few times....strange shit*

7. OSW
    OP

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Lol my bro was in the room and he told me that id have to buy a new one if i brick it (cuz its a family wii heh)