Interaktiv Desktop ?

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I did read that there are programms that allow you to use Flash (swf) "pictures" as a Desktop Background so I would like to know if there are some pages or programms or whatever for things like this.

Would like to have some small programms as a Wallpaper ... i think it might be funny, some ppl here have/had nice swf sig's and some of those things as Wallpaper would be cool
smile.gif

maybe some little animal thing or whatever running around getting angry when touched with the mouse or whatever
tongue.gif

or water you can "move" when you touch it with the mouse ...
or maybe even some sort of imbeded internet explorer in the center of the screen
tongue.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was such a feature called active desktop in various versions of windows but it seems to have been discontinued with various versions of IE and left out entirely as of vista. There do seem to be a few replacement applications though if you look around with "active desktop vista" being a good search term.

Avid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a REALLY interactive desktop, you can try Rainmeter. I'll post a screenshot of it working. It shows RAM usage , CPU usage, weather, feeds, etc.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OMG! Yeah this would be cool!
Hope someone would give a link...

*bookmarks this for today*

Avid said:
If you want a REALLY interactive desktop, you can try Rainmeter. I'll post a screenshot of it working. It shows RAM usage , CPU usage, weather, feeds, etc.

True, I got that..

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well ok thats not bad but its the same as using some windows widgets,
I would really preffer something that interacts with my mouse cursor and whatever like with some flash files.

//

well that active destkop is not a bad idea just that i don't have vist
tongue.gif

//

I found a programm called BumpTop which looks ok even thaught it does not look all that spectakular. It makes the desktop "3D" but the webpage says it was bought up by google and is discontinued because of that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1