Gaming Installing win7

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. Well i've just "gotten" windows 7 and want to reformat and install it to my computer, though beeing the extreme noob i am at these things i have no idea how to start. I mean the nfo sais just burn to disc and burn and play, but what about drivers and such? Don't i have to have them aswell or are they in win7 already? And i found something called Windows7 loader V1.7.5 which i have no clue what it does but reading the forums it seems many people need it to activate their win7. The win7 i'm getting is Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Integrated December 2009 OEM DVD-BIE...if that's even important to know xD Anywho any help is apreciated guys! Thanks!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Windows 7 installs all the drivers with Windows Update

As with the loader, you use it when you have installed Windows, its straight forward
Edit: I don't think you need the loader with OEM version

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh okey sounds good. So you're saying i don't need to install any loader or which loader do you reccomend?

harveje

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you d/l it from the net scan the crap out of it for bugs etc....
With win 7 you can either burn to disc or there is a prog out there that will load it to a usb stick and you can install from the stick, seems to be a faster install than disc.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Digeman said:
Oh okey sounds good. So you're saying i don't need to install any loader or which loader do you reccomend?

Most of those images come preactivated, unless it's an original untouched iso.

Windows 7 usually comes with most drivers built in for hardware. I'd still recommend updating drivers if there are newer ones out. Especially if you have a Nvidia or ATI gpu. The ones that come with Windows are usually lacking...

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to pirate Windows 7 I suggest you go with the release labeled "Windows 7 Ultimate AIO Activated". (I don't believe its against the rules to state the release name as someone did it for Mass Effect 2 but it is against rules to post links/serials so I'm wont do that.) I googled your release and it seems that it had about 15 seeds (maybe I'm wrong and yours had more, making it a good release) which means a) its fine but not popular or b) has viruses and/or bugs and those people seeding it don't know... I highly suggest you use the release mentioned above as it is more trusted with its 2,605 seeds and actual comments saying that the installation went well.

Note: Make sure you burn at a slow speed (4x). Its both a 32 & 64 bit, you choose at the start. Its already pre-activated but to prevent Microsoft from catching on I suggest you unplug your internet when installing and when it says to enter your product key at the last step, leave it blank and make sure the check box that says "Activate when I'm online" is checked. Upon the initial reboot plug your internet back in and be happy, your Windows 7 installation is done.

Good Luck

~ Jon

Have any problems, PM me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.