Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I hacked my wii many years ago with Dark Corp 1.1 (bad idea, I know...), and now it appears my Wii lens is failing as it is beginning to have trouble reading burned backups (all the original discs continue to work perfectly).
I would like to stop using the backup discs so that I do not cause the lens to completely fail.
So I was wondering how I should go about doing this.
Should I just install wiiflow as normal? Could it cause a brick because of DarkCorp?
Is it safer to uninstall darkcorp altogether (which I am willing to do, but I know it is not safe)?
Any other ideas?
Any help is appreciated.
Just some random facts I remember about my Wii's current status (I havent changed anything on it in 2+ years as my setup had been working fine...)
- on system menu 4.2
- Priiloader is installed, but I think its an older version and it doesnt point to the homebrew channel (I have to go to the boot list and boot from there). I assume the HBC was updated and no longer works with Priiloader or something.
- have bootmii as IOS

ShineStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you very much! Unfortunately, I really don't remember anything about the hacking scene.
How do I check if I have those installed?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could just do a re-mod with modmii. using it, you will be given the option to remove DarkCORP, update the rest of your mod (HBC, cIOS, priiloader, etc.), and be given choice of installing a USB loader.

probably your best option. fast. friendly. ...link in my sig

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD