Installing WiiFlow Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ShineStar, Jun 2, 2013.

1. ShineStar
    OP

ShineStar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2008
    Canada
    Hello,
    I hacked my wii many years ago with Dark Corp 1.1 (bad idea, I know...), and now it appears my Wii lens is failing as it is beginning to have trouble reading burned backups (all the original discs continue to work perfectly).
    I would like to stop using the backup discs so that I do not cause the lens to completely fail.
    So I was wondering how I should go about doing this.
    Should I just install wiiflow as normal? Could it cause a brick because of DarkCorp?
    Is it safer to uninstall darkcorp altogether (which I am willing to do, but I know it is not safe)?
    Any other ideas?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Just some random facts I remember about my Wii's current status (I havent changed anything on it in 2+ years as my setup had been working fine...)
    - on system menu 4.2
    - Priiloader is installed, but I think its an older version and it doesnt point to the homebrew channel (I have to go to the boot list and boot from there). I assume the HBC was updated and no longer works with Priiloader or something.
    - have bootmii as IOS

2. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    leave darkcorp as is. make sure you have d2x v8 or v10 cIOS in 249/250 (base 56/57 respectively). install Wiiflow as normal.

3. ShineStar
    OP

ShineStar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2008
    Canada
    Thank you very much! Unfortunately, I really don't remember anything about the hacking scene.
    How do I check if I have those installed?

4. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    you could just do a re-mod with modmii. using it, you will be given the option to remove DarkCORP, update the rest of your mod (HBC, cIOS, priiloader, etc.), and be given choice of installing a USB loader.

probably your best option. fast. friendly. ...link in my sig

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice