Installing Wii channels to vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Pepois, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    Hi, has anyone tried installing official Wii channels (Netflix, Internet, Miis,etc) to the vWii? Is it safe? I have the wads.

Thank you

Also I went and installed on the vWii some Wii ware wads I own and they run perfect on vWii system memory but once I move them to an SD card... some don't work, I get a "Failed to Launch" message, any ideas? Is it related to a specific IOS or something?

Thank you

2. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    Never mind I installed the patched IOS80 that you can find here in one of the threads in this forum (http://gbatemp.net/threads/patched-ios80-installer-for-vwii-allows-sd-menu-custom-channels.344882/) and now all my Wiiware channels are working from my SD Card!

I also managed to install all the official Wii channels (internet channel, Netflix etc) and they too work.

I now only need the Weather channel. the News channel and HULU Plus channel.

If any has them in wad format please let me know.

EDITED: I have downloaded and installed the Weather and News channel from NUS downloader app. They installed perfectly but they dont fully work since I get a "WiiConnect24 Standby Connection is turned off" message... any ideas? (I still need the HULU Plus channel.)

Best regards

3. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    That sums it up. Weather and News channel make use of WiiConnect24 to gather data. The WiiConnect24 service has been disabled by Nintendo. These channels don't work on any Wii anymore.

4. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    I thought it will be disabled in June this year.

5. Kyouhei

Kyouhei Official 任天堂 Lover

Aug 18, 2011
    It was disabled in june of 2013, this is january of 2014.

curley12 likes this.
  6. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    That explains everything! Thank you.

7. curley12

curley12 Mr.Awesome

Dec 24, 2012
    Somewhere
    hahahaha :rofl2: I guess your not that late :P

8. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    Yes I am not since the ConnectMii still helps a lot to bring some channels online! Cheers!

9. curley12

curley12 Mr.Awesome

Dec 24, 2012
    Somewhere
    connectmii still serves a purpose :O

10. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    Thats what I meant. :) btw do you happen to have the connectmii forwarder? The link is dead. Thank you.

11. curley12

curley12 Mr.Awesome

Dec 24, 2012
    Somewhere
    narp

12. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    What is narp? not at...?

13. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
  14. Mackman

Mackman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    How did you get the Netflix app to work in vWii mode.I can install wad, but it keeps saying software is not supported.Download new version from Wii shop.I have Netflix v1024 1

15. bezem

bezem GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    United States
    Do you have an original Wii? If so you can create a WAD from an installed Netflix channel on a Wii. Let me know if the links are no longer good as I'm posting this from my Wii U browser and not able to test downloads :)

Copied from the helpful temper AwesomeMariofan - I was able to use something called BlueDump though (http://gbatemp.net/threads/yet-another-bluedump-mod-yabdm.354730/) to do this.
    Download: http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/31660912/file.html
    Download Mirror: http://awesomemariofan.com/files/wii/YABDM_v0.8.rar

Once you load it up from the Homebrew Channel, and it's done Initializing, use the D-Pad to select the SD Card option for both listings, then press A. On the next screen, you should see your Wii's filesystem. Scroll down to title, then select 00010001 - Downloaded/Custom Channels. Then, scroll up and down to find the channel you would like to create the WAD for, and press 1 while you have it selected.
    Scroll to the right twice and it should say Extract WAD, press A here and you will have your channel WAD put onto your SD Card

Cristiano Oliveira likes this.