Installing Wad Files

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tsuchy, Sep 29, 2008.

Sep 29, 2008

Installing Wad Files by Tsuchy at 8:26 AM (1,174 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Tsuchy
    OP

Member Tsuchy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just wondering, i have a jap wii and like would it work if i installed the usa wad file games onto my jap wii. Would i have to do any kind of conversion or anything?

2. nash79

Member nash79 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You have to install region free wads. You can also make them "region free" by using "freethewads" application. Another way to go is use starfall to make ur wii read all region wads.

3. Tsuchy
    OP

United States
    Ok Thank you, one other question, i tried download the Wad manager
    and i got was the a dol file . I have no idea what to do with it. I tried
    reading the forums of the author but it was all in spanish [​IMG]

4. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    goodness...youve got some reading to do

search "Twilight Hack" and "Homebrew Channel" and give wiibrew.org a visit before you ask more.

5. nash79

Member nash79 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I agree with you, but I also like the way u said it [​IMG] I must agree, my answer assumed that noobwarrior7 had enough prerequisits [​IMG]

6. Tsuchy
    OP

United States
    It doesn't hurt to ask, you don't have to reply to this thread in this first place if you weren't going to tell me. Thats why i was asking in the first place on what to do. I'm not trying to be noob, i just get a better reply asking someone than not asking at all, sometimes i get lost from the reading.

7. alucard77

Member alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You do have your answer in there. Read Wiibrew on Homebrew channel, it will explain everything. The dol files is used by the Homebrew channel.

Google Wiibrew Homebrew Channel.

8. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    indeed, my response was based on the chance I try to give most folks, that you are not just a whiny noob, and can benefit from the deeper learning I pointed you towards. had I thought your post pointless or you somewhat incompetent, I'd have given you the 10-second gist, and you'd be back tomorrow (or sooner), with not much more understanding than you have now. so take it as a compliment, I have faith you will figure it all out very swiftly. I do not have some underlying agenda to discourage you and make sure you stay out of the loop, I promise.

also, learning more about Twilight Hack and Homebrew Channel as well as researching Wiibrew.org will probably be more productive, as a lot of false information goes unchecked in forums, and some basic knowledge is needed to weed thru it.