Hacking Installing reinand without gateway

Matthew Phillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I'll say it again.

1) You have the MSET/profile exploit in place via your favorite CFW.

2) You change the profile name of your 3DS to anything. You lose access.

3) You set access up again. You like the new name? You're done. If you don't...

4) Change the name back. Reset DS profile exploit. Voila! In sysNAND she can play all her DS games. If she attempts it in emuNAND she will lose access. This only works as long as your sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked. If they aren't, you'll still lose access.

I've tried doing this a couple times and it just doesn't work. Do you know if it's possible for FBI to be a cia?

Matthew Phillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I changed the profile name from "bleh" to "bob" did the ds exploit, went into emunand, turned it off and back on, played a ds game and then went back to emunand and it just opens up the ds profile stuff

code54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I changed the profile name from "bleh" to "bob" did the ds exploit, went into emunand, turned it off and back on, played a ds game and then went back to emunand and it just opens up the ds profile stuff
Huh? Do I missunderstand something.
- So you changed the profile name, did the ds exploit and got into emunand.
- You turned off and on the device so that you are in sysnand again.
- played a DS game and went into emunand again (so that means you actually were able to get into emunand after playing or am I wrong here?)
- now after getting into emunand again and opening the ds profile you see the standard stuff (which is normal, since you haven't installed the profile exploit on emunand)

Correct me if I am mistaken...

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I wasn't able to get into emunand the second time after playing the ds game.

Other than to keep trying is there anything I can do?

It's hit and miss. As I said, in the original thread some people said it worked for them, others said not. I just tested mine again and it still works after playing a couple DS games and then booting into emuNAND. I couldn't tell you why it works or doesn't. I'll tell you my setup so you can could try and emulate it as closely as possible.

9.0U sysnand. 9.5 emunand. FBI, devmenu installed on sysnand via Ninjhax 1.1 using pastaCFW. Reinand installed as emunand using GW 3.4 and Ninjhax. Reinand ROP at 4.5.

Matthew Phillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running 9.0E Sysnand, 9.0 Emunand (could this be affecting it at all? How can I tell if sys and emu are unlinked?)

I'm thinking it might just be easier for her to get a nds flashcart and do the fix that way. What flashcarts work with the New 3ds?

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running 9.0E Sysnand, 9.0 Emunand (could this be affecting it at all? How can I tell if sys and emu are unlinked?)

I'm thinking it might just be easier for her to get a nds flashcart and do the fix that way. What flashcarts work with the New 3ds?

Ahah. Alright. Once you're 100% positive emuNAND has BBM or devmenu installed, pull your microsd card out and format your 3DS. Put your SD card back in, set everything else back up, reinstall ROP and then make sure emuNAND is OK. Afterwards, follow my instructions again.

As a side note, you can tell if the two are unlinked by observing your friend code in sysnand and emunand. If they're different, you're unlinked.

Matthew Phillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahah. Alright. Once you're 100% positive emuNAND has BBM or devmenu installed, pull your microsd card out and format your 3DS. Put your SD card back in, set everything else back up, reinstall ROP and then make sure emuNAND is OK. Afterwards, follow my instructions again.

As a side note, you can tell if the two are unlinked by observing your friend code in sysnand and emunand. If they're different, you're unlinked.

I think I am unlinked cause the profile names are different but I'll check. Could the emunand firmware be causing any problems

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am unlinked cause the profile names are different but I'll check. Could the emunand firmware be causing any problems

Doubt it. You could try upgrading it. See what happens. Upgrade emu only after you have unlinked (and you're absolutely certain you are), otherwise you gon' have a bad day.

Matthew Phillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What ds flashcart should I get her? I've tried with my blue card that came with the gateway but it doesn't show up all the time and if it doesn't then it'll crash the system.

You need to install the Bluecardfix.cia.
If it doesn't always show up, then it's likely a problem with your mSD not making proper contact with the flashcarts pins. You can try placing a piece of electrical tape ontop of the mSD to apply more pressure downward.
Any NDS flashcart should work. So an Ace3DS for $10 should do just fine.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It drains a lot of battery power. When the system's running but idling, the DSTwo is still trying really hard to convince the 3DS that it's a real cart.

"I AM ALEX RIDER: STORMBREAKER." the DSTwo yells, consuming battery power to a deaf audience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@