Hacking Installing Luma 9.1 using cfw

Deleted member 469810

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use the ACNL save editor and I need to download Luma 9.1. My old 3ds XL is updated to the latest firmware (11.8.0-41U). I have the R4i Gold 3DS Plus (shows up on the 3ds as Konami Digital Entertainment and a bunch of japanese text). I've tried to install boot9strap using this site 3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot) but the magnet exploit is not working. I have done the steps in section II over and over but the 3ds always starts up (on sleep mode) without booting into SafeB9SInstaller. What should I do?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're seeing the Konami Entertainment title screen at HOME Menu, you didn't toggle the switch within the R4i Gold Plus into NTRboot mode.

plus1.png

Deleted member 469810

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the "finalizing setup" page. It says that I need to launch the Download Play application but I can't get to the home menu. Instead, when I turn the power on, the Luma3DS configuration screen shows up. Pressing start leads me to a screen with the message, "An error has occurred: Error writing the configuration file". I can't turn on my 3ds without my sd card. How do I get to the home menu?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the "finalizing setup" page. It says that I need to launch the Download Play application but I can't get to the home menu. Instead, when I turn the power on, the Luma3DS configuration screen shows up. Pressing start leads me to a screen with the message, "An error has occurred: Error writing the configuration file". I can't turn on my 3ds without my sd card. How do I get to the home menu?

Take an SD card formatted as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with all the needed custom firmware files in the right places to allow you to complete the finalizing steps.

The reason why you can't boot to HOME Menu without an SD card is because you haven't done the CTRNAND Luma3DS section. Your custom firmware is only able to boot from SD card until you put Luma3DS on the internal CTRNAND drive.

Deleted member 469810

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my micro sd card formatted as FAT32 but I can't find out what the cluster size is. Im using a Mac. How do I found that out, and how would I change it?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my micro sd card formatted as FAT32 but I can't find out what the cluster size is. Im using a Mac. How do I found that out, and how would I change it?
I'm not familiar with Mac OS. Not sure this applies for that operating system.

On Windows, an easy way to check the cluster size for FAT32 format is to make and save a text file with at least 1 char. Right click properties will reveal this. Perhaps OSX has something similar?

FAT32-cluster-size-check.png
Edit - The "size on disk" may report the wrong value if you have multiple mounted external flash memories. This is not a reliable way to check for cluster size.

If you're able to boot GodMode9 from either the SD card or the CTRNAND, you can:
  1. Copy everything off the SD card onto your Apple computer and safely eject it.
  2. Boot to GodMode9. Press R+B - Unmount SD card if this is for a different card. Insert second card if required.
  3. (HOME) button → SD format menu → No EmuNAND → Auto (or 32KB Clusters) ¦GM9SD¦ (or ¦<choice name>¦) button combos.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol