leerz

OP
Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
I remember that this was a thing: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=38342
Here's a list of the DRM-Free Vita PKGs that are installable with the PKG Installer, including the Urls

Important so you do not waste your time!
1. DLCs Will Not work because they are not DRM-Free
2. It is not possible to patch the vsh to show the PKG Installer in the Live Area!

if we bundle that with:

http://wololo.net/2014/09/12/skfu-releases-★-package-installer-unlock-on-the-retail-ps-vita/
Well, simply follow this easy video and you should be able to use the Package Installer at your own PS Vita.

No time to watch a video? Well, visit this website, enter your email address and press continue. (Note from wololo: people with a /talk account can also directly go here)

Next open the Email Application on your PS Vita, set up your email that you’ve used in the step from above, if you did not do this yet.

Open the new email you should’ve gotten and press the start button on the picture inside of the email.

If by black magic, the Package Installer application should open and you will be able to use it… Kind of…

Notes: I don't know how,
we can launch henkaku offline via the mail exploit
and this PKG installer is run thru the mail exploit
if only I could find a way to make the package installer offline like that of henkaku

let me know what you think?

I think I re-enable the package installer via Henkaku offline installer by changing:

Code:
#define MAIL_DB "ux0:email/message/mail.db"
#define EXPLOIT_HTML "ux0:email/message/00/00/exploit.html"
#define HENKAKU_BIN "ux0:picture/henkaku.bin"
#define BASE_ADDR "http://go.henkaku.xyz/"

creating a pkginstaller.html with this inside:
Code:
<a href="psgm:open?titleid=NPXS10031">OPEN PKG INSTALLER</a>
https://github.com/henkaku/offline-installer/tree/master/src
can't test that now, I don't have the tools on hand yet :)

Last edited by leerz,

dfsa3fdvc1

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You don't even need a package installer. I've installed some of these PKG demos using the 3.52 email trick. All someone needed to do was repackage them for the email trick.
Now with Henkaku I imagine someone just need to install the pkg on 3.18, grab the files, and put them in a vpk.
A PKG installer would make playing these demos more convenient but I don't believe it would be necessary.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
The package installer needs more that just creating a link for it to work, Sony fixed it up a bit.
But I'm sure it will be possible to bring it back - but the guy above says that we can install pkgs without it, so... good.

leerz

OP
Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Aren't those two the one who posted they can play ps1/pspemu games on the early days of hk?
The package installer needs more that just creating a link for it to work, Sony fixed it up a bit.
But I'm sure it will be possible to bring it back - but the guy above says that we can install pkgs without it, so... good.
Oh they fixed that already?
Guess I'll read more, not sure if this has some sort of app init thing

Version in question is 3.60 btw :)

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
You don't even need a package installer. I've installed some of these PKG demos using the 3.52 email trick. All someone needed to do was repackage them for the email trick.
Now with Henkaku I imagine someone just need to install the pkg on 3.18, grab the files, and put them in a vpk.
A PKG installer would make playing these demos more convenient but I don't believe it would be necessary.

This. This might be plausible.

The original PKG Installer has been (unfortunatelly) patched by $ony in the >3.52 FW versions, you can create the bubble for it, but it won't open, giving an error.
But if you have the same account in 2 Vita's/PSTVs, you can use a PSTV/Vita in FW 3.18 to install the game, transfer the game to PC using QCMA and then back to the latest Vita FW version.

But yeah, I've been looking forward for a way to be able to install PKG again on the Vita, using original PKG or VPK.

FrameEnder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you could simulate the package installation somehow try looking into these files

www.mediafire.com/?iow5a35pz8pdoe7

This is a copy of the official Package Installer files from a 3.60 PSV if anyone knows how to dig through the .bin file it might be worth taking a shot at who knows what we'll get out of this after all we haven't REALLY seen the Package Installer since 3.36 so for all we know there could be a new exploit to be found in the code since it's conception this typically happens when a company gets cocky, and is assured the users won't be able to even reach it let alone read into it so why fix new bugs when it's a Dev only app right (It's Playstation so this rings true in a lot of ways)

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With ubuntu and filezilla i have extracred a free pkgs into the good folder but when i reboot the Free demo doesnt appear on my menu

FrameEnder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently it's already back? I thought I heard of pkg's being installed through HENkaku however I didn't know the Package Installer was ported over here is a recent GBA Temp thread with the .vpk file, and test pkg's needed to install it

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pkg-installer-2-0.437948/

I'll gladly mirror any down links from his post I am a rather obsessive collection whore (Pardon my french)

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "Pkg Installer 2.0" is a trick, it installs ".pkgs" (s is actually part of it) which isn't any better than just making a VPK yourself (they're super simple) and using VitaShell.

Package Installer does still exist, but by some means is disabled if you're on retail mode FW.
IDUs share retail FW in a different mode, and I confirmed the Pkg Installer files match, so something seems to be blocking its use.

Of course, for demos, we can just make VPKs of them eventually anyway, so it's not really a big deal...

Reactions: MDashK

FrameEnder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "Pkg Installer 2.0" is a trick, it installs ".pkgs" (s is actually part of it) which isn't any better than just making a VPK yourself (they're super simple) and using VitaShell.

Package Installer does still exist, but by some means is disabled if you're on retail mode FW.
IDUs share retail FW in a different mode, and I confirmed the Pkg Installer files match, so something seems to be blocking its use.

Of course, for demos, we can just make VPKs of them eventually anyway, so it's not really a big deal...
Well as far as I'm aware of a pkgs can be made from a raw download of a game from PSN the only problem with that is we need a 3.60 device to extract the files from the system to do anything with them which as most know is a problem seeing how the Update Bypass utility doesn't work on 3.60 anymore so we have no way to access the PSN Store on 3.60 I suppose sony is trying to quickly cover their tracks for this one looks like we might have something more then we think we do?

Last edited by FrameEnder,

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well as far as I'm aware of a pkgs can be made from a raw download of a game from PSN the only problem with that is we need a 3.60 device to extract the files from the system to do anything with them which as most know is a problem seeing how the Update Bypass utility doesn't work on 3.60 anymore
Well, if you have a demo that requires a high FW version, you could always make a friend with an IDU (they're cool units) to install it and extract the data.
Theoretically, it could work if taken off a unit and repackaged into a VPK.

That, of course, assumes there's no way to extract a pkg directly, I don't actually know.

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
(...)

That, of course, assumes there's no way to extract a pkg directly, I don't actually know.

PKGS is basically a non-compressed ZIP/7Z file.
PKG is encapsulated with encryption. That's why you'll need the AES key to extract it.

The file you download from the PSN servers are PKG files, encrypted.
PKGS is NOT what you get from PSN... (AFAIK of course...)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
a bit like wbfs, some people were under the impression that it was an official format used by nintendo :D

only make your own formats if you really have to.
we already had vpk for this homebrew stuff, could that not have been used?
and what is more confusing than 'pkgs'...? :blink:

- or, please convince me!

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: MDashK

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs